Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    as much as i love the current form factor (hey, there are at least twenty of us! ), i would be okay with the screen being bigger without a big increase in oeverall size. closer to the edges would be great.

if it has a front facing camera, i'll be in bliss. (i hate to say it, but i've been reading some things on gizmodo that make me a bit ... envious) i won't jump ship right away if it doesn't, but i probably will before too long. i do a lot of video chatting. it's just about the only thing i ever use my laptop for these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Pre form factor, 16gb storage, 512gb ram with a 1ghz processor, top it off with a larger screen and I am in heaven. Really wanna make my day palm? Throw in a HDMI output...
    I like the way you think my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I 100% agree about the trolls but you are misinformed about the upgrade credit, If you have a 69.99 or higher individual plan you are eligible for the full upgrade credit after 1 yr. Then you can sell your Pre for at least 150.00 on ebay so total cost should be only 75.00 or so.
    for idividual plans only? I am on a family plan so I wonder if that's included. I may have to visit the sprint site. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    for idividual plans only? I am on a family plan so I wonder if that's included. I may have to visit the sprint site. Thanks for the info.
    I have 4 lines on my family plan 1500. I get one premier upgrade a year. Its supposed to be the primary line, but you can fiddle with your account to make what ever line you need the primary line.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Whut he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    pure innovation
    Heh. Yeah, he said that three times. Once about the Evo and twice about the forthcoming webOS device. He also said there were spec's and pic's floating around. My doubt meter went up when I read that. I don't think Palm would be releasing spec's and pic's to Sprint before an announcement. They would be on the web in no time.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    as much as i love the current form factor (hey, there are at least twenty of us! ), i would be okay with the screen being bigger without a big increase in oeverall size. closer to the edges would be great.
    the pre form factor with a bump up in size & speed would make me a happy girl! do i smell silly season coming up?
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    My contract ends on 2-12-12 which sucks. So that means 2-12-11 I can upgrade.

*sighs*
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    When does everyone think a good release date would be?

there's
    evo in june
    iphone in july
    blackberry in fall

I vote for July
    You think that would be enough time to advertise and hype up the release day?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Maybe someone will find a prototype of a new palm phone in San Jose bar. One never knows..It is palms best interest to announce a phone before we can get our hands on an E VO..
    I can wait til July to see.
    Pre form factor, 16gb storage, 512gb ram with a 1ghz processor, top it off with a larger screen and I am in heaven. Really wanna make my day palm? Throw in a HDMI output...
    You forgot the MicroSD slot... Every dumbphone has one but not the Pre or Pixi
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus52 View Post
    Maybe someone will find a prototype of a new palm phone in San Jose bar. One never knows..It is palms best interest to announce a phone before we can get our hands on an E VO..
    I beg to differ. At this point I think the best for Palm is to clam up, which is what they're doing. Apple strategy works like magic.
    I dig the slideout keyboard on the current Pre, but I'd prefer if it slid out in landscape mode instead. More Droid-like is what I'd go for. That'd be more room for my fat sausage fingers to type. Or perhaps keep the vertical slide and have a virtual keyboard for landscape. Either way.
    Last edited by Charyou Tree; 05/09/2010 at 04:30 AM.
    I doubt it will be 4G..if you believe in everything you hear on the interneet then I guess 5G is coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    +1, i don't want them to totally redeisgn the phone. don't take away our keyboard, i for one, hate virtual/onscreen keyboards.

please don't make it too much bigger, it fits GREAT in my front pants pocket( yes, i've been carrying it there and have the entire year I've had it with no issues).

but plz plz plz let a new palm device this year be true!
    me personally think that july-sept release of a new device, not just through rumors, or Rubenistin stating there trying to get devices out fast as they can. I think they want to be able to compete for the reminder of this year, until after the aquistion goes through the end of july, then sitting down and making a device through HP next year. Dropping a 4G device (yes putting a 4G radio in a phone is not difficult at all) in the next couple of months on sprint (which generated them the most money to date) will give them the time to develop a new device or devices (tablet and phones) for next year. It makes sense strategy wise, also understand that Rub even before the buyout had to have something cooking for this late summer early fall, its how Palm does buisness and this would have been there last shot if they didnt get bought out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12