Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HI all,

Since you all have Pre's I don't as of yet have one, (I am stuck with my trusty Centro until Oct), if you would answer the following:

1. Can you list what your Dream Pre II, (or what ever they will call it) vs what you think we will actually be offered?

2. What do you think the first Palm/HP jointly designed product will be like? (I would think, that the PRE II would have designed by Palm, BEFORE HP cut it's deal with HP. Therefore, I am asking about the product, that will come out after the PRE II).

Thanks for your input.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Dream pre 2
    3.7-4.0in super amoled display
    vertical slider with vk so when i want to type in landscape
    omap4 1.3ghz dual core quad core would be nice
    1gb ram
    32gb storage rom 64gb sd slot
    4g/3g
    wifi b/g/n
    usb 3.0
    bluetooth3.0
    hdmi port
    1500-1600mah battery
    dtv tuner
    digital compass
    garmin gps for standalone gps
    fm tuner
    6 megapixel hd camera 3 megapixel front facing camera both auto focus. Pixels do not matter its the sensors in them that make the difference.
    some sort of kickstand or dock to hold it vertical
    dual microphones
    fit and finish to blackberry or iphone standards-aluminum/ metal
    keyboard like the pixi it really does have a nice feel to them just needs to be slightly more spaced out and not too much clickyness so that if your in a quiet area everyone cant hear you.

palm accessories
    wifi/bluetooth game controller- i reall hate playing games with the screen
    in car touch stone charger
    dedicated holder to use as gps
    hdmi cable

multimedia dock- charges phone while watching movies, watch photos, hulu, youtube. turn phone into a mini console play with up to 4 players through wifi game controllers such as shrek cart, nova, fighting games.

Actual pre 2
    3.7in display
    omap36x or omap4 1ghz
    512-720 ram
    32gb storage
    4g/3g
    wifi b/g/n
    bluetooth 2.1
    usb 2.0
    fm tuner
    digital compass

After pre 2
    4.3in models
    landscape models
    slightly bigger pixi
    IMO this is a very strange post. You pretty much want people to say how much they will be let down by the next webos device?? Nice.
    Take a look at the slider phone from Dell. That's what I want from the next Phone from Palm...

Also, it's a bad idea to specify things like a particular processor or clock speed. Your PC is probably running at a slower speed than your last one, but it's probably a lot faster at what you do with it...

The best thing is to keep your wishing to the actual outcome you are looking for. For example, my bad eyesight would appreciate a larger screen, but no larger than the iPhone. I'd really like it to have the resolution/sharpness of the MotoDroid. I don't care what GPU they use, or what display technology they choose. Just make it larger, higher res, and crisp. But not too big, and with no hit on battery consumption. The engineers will figure out what hardware they need...

I want it even snappier than the Pre+ running the 800MHz kernel, but with at least 2x battery life. Use whatever CPU/GPU combination is needed for that.

I want a better keyboard, so look at Dell's design for ideas on how to make the Pre keyboad more like the Centro keyboard...

And I want the swype keyboard implemented so I can text in landscape mode (the text is bigger that way) without giving up the one-handed operation made possible with a physical slider on a portrait phone... I want a memory card slot. I don't care how much memory they build in to the phone, as long as it is enough to run WebOS and a zillion patches/apps/hacks/whatever without slowing down. I need a memory card slot so I can add as much memory as I need, and move files around with the convenience I had with my Centro.

OMAP, SchmoMAP, I don't care what they call the CPU. Just make it blazing fast with less power consumption. We have no idea what other processors are in the works, or what processor will provide the best performance for an architecture like WebOS.

Best proof point is Apple. When they finally went to an intel CPU, their performance increased dramatically while running at a slower clock speed. In fact, the first Intel-based MACs could run Windows faster than most PCs could. But Apple fans weren't demanding that the next Mac had to have a G6 processor, they just wanted faster without increased battery consumption. Apple and Intel figure out the rest. And in the process, they showed how inefficient Windows is buy allowing side buy side comparison on almost identical hardware (no flaming about OpenGL, please...)
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/08/2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Dream pre:
    3.7" super amoled high res display (960x640)
    1.5 ghz quad core prossesor
    64 gb storage
    1 gb ram
    1750 mah battery or bigger
    portrait keyboard that is clicky like pixi
    scratch resistent glass screen, magnesium alloy body (like the RAZR)
    5-8 megapixel camera
    1080p Video recorder
    1.3 megapixel front facing camera/ web cam
    same design style/look as the pre plus but thinner
    thouchstone dock Capable of data transfer for syncing, and wireless streaming so you can watch video on your tv Or listen to music on your stereo strait from the phone with only having to dock it on the touchstone.
    iTunes compatibilty
    video game controller dock, after snapping in the pre it would pretty look like a psp.
    Wifi b/g/n
    gsm 3g/LTE ready
    easy acess to sim card

reality pre 2
    3.4" LCD high res (960x680)
    32 gb storage
    512 ram
    1 gz snapdragon
    1500 mah battery
    same look and feel of current pre, just slightly bigger.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I want a paper shreader, scale, cheese grater, coin sorter, orbital launch and bomb defuser.
    and don't forget a flux capasitor for when you are in a bind.
  8.    #8  
    LOL, don't you think it should be able to cook dinner too?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    LOL, don't you think it should be able to cook dinner too?
    No, I'm ok that I can use it to order dinner delivery. However, I really want a patch that will CLEAN UP after dinner...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No, I'm ok that I can use it to order dinner delivery. However, I really want a patch that will CLEAN UP after dinner...
    lol , take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    However, I really want a patch that will CLEAN UP after dinner...
    have you checked preware?
    Whats up w/ everybody asking for the Amoled screen?

It looks good in a dark room but outside during the day its pure S H I T!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Whats up w/ everybody asking for the Amoled screen?

It looks good in a dark room but outside during the day its pure S H I T!
    um, everyone is asking for the SUPER AMOLED display which is the next gen AMOLED and it supposedly looks fine in sunlight, of course this is based on what samsung says, we'll know for sure when they release a phone with it.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I want my Pre II to have a screen that is four times larger than the one on the Pre I.... just doubling the screen length to 6.4" = four times the area.

Other than that, I honestly don't care. The only thing that the Pre Plus has over my O.P.Pre is the double memory.

I'll take a Sprint Pre + double memory + double screen length (i.e. - quadruple screen area).

All the rest is for the birds.

Oh yea, and I'd add another button below the volume rocker. Just a "utility" button to, ya know... DO THINGS.
  15.    #15  
    Hi all,

I just want it to be October, when I can a long last get to the end of my 2 year contract, on my trusty old Centro. I also am no longer going to be a secondary phone on a bill, so that I can go back to getting a new PDA/smart phone every year! That will be the 5th model of Palm for me. It was also be my 8th year with Palm!
    my dream palm hp phone

-4.5 inch high res screen w/gorilla glass
    -2 2ghz processor
    -4gb of ram
    -5000 mah battery
    -sharps new 720p HD 3D camera(back)
    -10mp front facing autofocus and zoom capable camera with 1080p video and webcam ability
    -duel projectors for videos/movies, slide shows, video chat
    -4 LED flash for camera and flashlight (back)
    -duel LED flash and for front camera/webcam
    -solar pannals on the back of the phone
    -2 usb 3.0 ports
    -2 micro sd ports (support 64gb micro)
    -320gb of onboard memory
    -2 3.5mm headphone jacks and bluetooth wireless music sinc to a computer, tv, webos slate, wireless earphones
    -horizontal keyboard that can be removed or replaced with custom aftermarket keyboards or keyboards specifically made for gaming
    -duel mics for noise cancelation
    -high quality bose ejectable earbud (like an earbud attatched to the phone that can be inserted into the ear when you place the phone to your head and tucked back in when not in use)
    -duel bose high quality external stereos
    -bluetooth video stream to tv, computer or webos slate.
    -wifi, mifi
    -3g, 4g
    -webOS 2.0
    -the ability to sign out of your palm profile and signing into a different account so nosey people can't go through your call history, texts, web history, apps, pictures and whatever else you have.
    -the ability to have widgets
    -interactive palm accounts and gaming accounts (like xbox live)
    -access to android and iphone app market.
    -facial recognition (checks your face to sign you into your palm profile or unlock the phone if you are already signed in.
    -motion alarm (when someone touches your phone an alarm will go off)
    -same size as the pixi
    -gesture 2.0 (more gestures and a slim and sleek gesture area made for landscape and keyboard mode)
    -red, blue, or green laser pointer that can be adjusted for a slide show presentation or burning.

I think that covers it for my super webos device.

actual palm pre 2
    -1ghz processor
    -webos 1.5
    -everything else will be the same
    another cool thing would be global charging. Like your battery will be programmed with a special code that picks up a special inductive wave that is sent out by your carrier to charge your phone. Your phone would always be charged. I don't think it's possible tho
    Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    -motion alarm (when someone touches your phone an alarm will go off)
    There's already an app for that.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    another cool thing would be global charging. Like your battery will be programmed with a special code that picks up a special inductive wave that is sent out by your carrier to charge your phone. Your phone would always be charged. I don't think it's possible tho
    In the future that may be possible. One of the big elec manufacturers, I think it was GE or Sylvania, had a demo of a light bulb lit wireless, thru radio waves, (about a year ago). Who knows...........?

I am 54, at the 1964 Wold's fair which was walking distance to my home, At&T's big demo was for touch tone and fibre optics. Who knew all those years ago, it would lead to this? Who knew watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon, that all that technology would lead to PC's, cell phones, PDA's/smart phones, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I want my Pre II to have a screen that is four times larger than the one on the Pre I.... just doubling the screen length to 6.4" = four times the area.
    Do you mean doubling the length and the width? Otherwise doubling the screen length will only lead to an area two times as large.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast