1.    #1  
    I decided to take a trip to my nearby Radio Shack after work today here in New Jersey (Ironically were I bought my 1st Sprint phone 11 years ago).
    Anyway I figured I'd take advantage of the $19.99 Touchstone deal. Good thing because I got the last one they had in stock (Yes!!!). *After reading posts here that Radio Shack had pulled the Pre, I was surprised to see not only the Pre but the Pixi in the Sprint display, and best if all they were both being offered for free with a 2yr. Contract. Way to go Shack!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I stopped off at a Memphis area Radio Shack this week hoping to find a good touchstone deal. Unfortunately, they had sold out. The clerk told me that they were still receiving the Pre, a couple at a time.

I also noticed that Radio Shack is gearing up to sell the iPhone. The signs are up and the display is ready.
    They still have the phones for sale here in Michigan, I've been to a couple of stores that still have them on display.
    I was told they are getting the pre+ for sprint
    There are none left on the RadioShack.com website. I ordered one and received it today and it does not work. Checked online to order a replacement and they are gone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    There are none left on the RadioShack.com website. I ordered one and received it today and it does not work. Checked online to order a replacement and they are gone.
    I've never heard of one that doesn't work. What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've never heard of one that doesn't work. What's wrong with it?
    Mine did not work at first when I got my touchstone and back cover about 10 months ago. I figured out that one of the prongs in the back cover was not making contact with the battery. I bent it a little and it has worked ever since.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Mine did not work at first when I got my touchstone and back cover about 10 months ago. I figured out that one of the prongs in the back cover was not making contact with the battery. I bent it a little and it has worked ever since.
    Yeah that makes sense, I can see that happening.

I bought the Touchstone at Radio Shack for $20, but it doesn't come with a cord. They don't sell one. I went to verizon and they don't sell the plug either. Where can I get one?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie6754 View Post
    I bought the Touchstone at Radio Shack for $20, but it doesn't come with a cord. They don't sell one. I went to verizon and they don't sell the plug either. Where can I get one?
    Amazon, cord and plug for less than $10.00 shipped. Just type in Palm Pre accesories in the search window.

SF Planet on Amazon had them last time I checked. They're even original Palm OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Amazon, cord and plug for less than $10.00 shipped. Just type in Palm Pre accesories in the search window.
    Yes, Amazon, Ebay or Craigslist are all good places to look for an extra cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie6754 View Post
    Maybe this is a silly answer but the cable is the same one that came with your Pre when you bought it. The same USB cable/charger works with the Touchstone. Just plug it in.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Not a silly answer. The cable that comes with the phone works, but I have 2 Touchstones. One for home and one for the office. I need a cable for the second one. Just ordered one from amazon. Thanks for the help.
    You can also get the car charger kit from the shack. It comes with a stock Palm usb cable, has the 1amp adapter for your car and it's only $12.99 at the moment. That way you also have the option of mounting a touchstone in your car.
    Just got the kit with back at my radio shack...I got the last one that included the back but they had 8 of just the touchstones left.