Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was in two different SPRINT stores today getting info on an HTC Hero which my daughter purchased, yes, she has gone to the dark side, and picked up some info from the tech support guys.

The first was that as soon as the exclusivity on Pre Plus expires, that SPRINT will be picking it up to replace the original Pre. The second was a bit more interesting. The techs each said, independently of each other, that PALM reps had been in the stores saying that the next web os phone was going to be coming out in late summer, having almost the same format, but in a much beefier style, bigger screen, memory card, faster processor, and an edge to edge screen. Smaller than an iPhone, but bigger than Pre. Oh and one more thing that it would be 4G!!

Im no expert, but they seemed to each be sincere, and said they personally liked the webOS better than the ANDROID OS.

So thats what I have from the Orlando, Florida field today.

Lets keep our fingers crossed
    Last edited by teejay69; 05/07/2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Corrected myself in describing Pre Plus as Pre 2, and spelling
    Sounds great, fingers crossed...
    I hope they weren't Mickey Mousing you around!
    oh boy.......
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Whether it's true or not it's still nice to have some positive news on the boards
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    I was in two different SPRINT stores today getting info on an HTC Hero which my daughter purchased, yes, she has gone to the dark side, and picked up some info from the tech support guys.

The first was that as soon as the exclusivity on Pre 2 expires, that SPRINT will be picking it up to replace the original Pre. The second was a bit more interesting. The techs each said, independently of each other, that PALM reps had been in the stores saying that the next web os phone was going to be coming out in late summer, having a almost the same format, but in a much beefier style, bigger screen, memory card, faster processor, and an edge to edge screen. Smaller than an iPhone, but bigger than Pre. Oh and one more thing that it would be 4G!!

Im no expert, but they seemed to each be sincere, and said they personally liked the webOS better than the ANDROID OS.

So thats what I have from the Orlando, Florida field today.

Lets keep our fingers crossed
    WOOOOW!! I like the sound of that, I am in Waterford Lakes (eastside of Orlando) what sprint stores did you visit....so I can probe others for info
    I think the Pre is the perfect size as is.
  8.    #8  
    The Waterford store and the store on Tuskawilla.
    That made my day, The Pre is still limping along and I'm to afraid to send it in to get the headphone jack looked at because I don't want a crappy refurb and have to deal with repatching. I cant wait to get my hands on a bigger more BA Pre

hey! 100th post to, cool.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    I would be VERY disappointed in Palm if they released anything significantly larger than the current phones. If I wanted to lug around a humongous phone, I'd have an iPhone or HTC already.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I hope they weren't Mickey Mousing you around!
    Ha ha - it is a magicaL land!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    C40 anyone?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Ha ha - it is a magicaL land!
    This means that the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus would have to be dirt cheap if they are bringing a new phone at the same time...

Something does not sound right here...
    The first was that as soon as the exclusivity on Pre 2 expires, that SPRINT will be picking it up to replace the original Pre.
    What does 'Pre 2' mean?

Sprint has the original and everyone else has the Pre Plus.

Can you clear up your sentence please.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    C40 anyone?
    Yeah, i've been seeing 40 since last October and it's very depressing.
    Pre 2 means the next gen webOS device, but teejay meant the Plus in this case.
    I say "BOO!" to a beefier Pre.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    This rumor actually coincides with what a guy named Jackson was talking about. I think he said this in a thread "Palm C40 Info."
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I say "BOO!" to a beefier Pre.
    I think beefier means better quality hardware.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    I'm all in for a beefier Pre if that simply means more robust and powerful. If that comes at a significant increase in size, then I'm out and just may defect to another device.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast