Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Lol lack of humor? Dude I was joking.
    ahhhhhh. My bad then. Lack of humor statement retracted.
    Sounds good, although there's no solid proof, I want to believe this rumor

It would be great if Sprint launched the Pre Plus together with the next gen Pre. the Old Pre could be the midrange, while I'll be getting the next gen Pre 4G or not. (If it has 4G AND wireless hotspot, I might also be ready to dump Verizon DSL at home)

Go Palm+Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    For the love of God, can we please not call them "Hpalm"?!? It should be HP Palm, or nothing.
    See, I kinda like HPalm
    I can see it now, 16g memory in phone and a 32 g micro SD for a total of 48g. WOW! and 64g cards are just coming out. Forget about anyone purchasing a ipod touch. Palm all the way. I wounder if "beefier" means the Diamond plate shell I have been asking for?
    C40 BABY!!!!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Lol. By the way, my Pre is in shambles, its a launch day one, and I've tried to keep good care of her, but its no use. I've dropped her countless times (including into the toilet once), and scratched her up among other things. I'm just trying to hold out until the next phone comes out, I don't have the insurance anymore. I really need a new phone by the end of the summer.
    My source says the new palm device will be running dual core unicorns!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    See, I kinda like HPalm
    Well, yah know, as I think has been firmly established, I'm a pretty serious Palm fan. But, even as a proud member of the PDF, I don't imagine that HP will rebrand their entire company around the Palm acquisition. Contrary to Ruby's assertions, this really isn't a merger.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    So, any chance that early adopters of Pre will be able to get that new and improved device for about $50?

Just thought I'd ask...
    For the love of God, can we please not call them "Hpalm"?!? It should be HP Palm, or nothing.
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5...reherhehed.png
    Um... er...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Plus is what I meant.
    edit the OP then.
    Um... er...
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/06/2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    I'm all in for a beefier Pre if that simply means more robust and powerful. If that comes at a significant increase in size, then I'm out and just may defect to another device.
    To what other device? Keep yr Pre. Pre plus and something closer to what people apparently want, a brick. Watsa matta wid dat? The elegant phone, Pre, which not many people want, and a bigger one for the machos.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    To what other device? Keep yr Pre. Pre plus and something closer to what people apparently want, a brick. Watsa matta wid dat? The elegant phone, Pre, which not many people want, and a bigger one for the machos.
    There was a time when a cell phone was just that, a cell phone. Then they had a calc, alarm clock and took pictures. The screen size was GREAT. The problem now is that there is transmitted video available thus resulting in a need for a larger screen. It is not a macho thing anymore. It a necessity if you want to stare at the screen for any length of time.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    There was a time when a cell phone was just that, a cell phone. Then they had a calc, alarm clock and took pictures. The screen size was GREAT. The problem now is that there is transmitted video available thus resulting in a need for a larger screen. It is not a macho thing anymore. It a necessity if you want to stare at the screen for any length of time.
    True, but there's also how easily the device is used as an actual phone, how pocketable it is (for folks that do that), how comfortable in actual use, etc. For me, the Pre is almost the perfect size; it's certainly the perfect design. Make the screen, say, 3.7" and the keyboard just a tad bigger, and I think it's just right.

There will certainly be people who want that 4.3" screen on a slab, sure. I figure, though, that by the time I think about something that big, I might as well get the 9" webOS tablet that will be coming.
    Did you guys see Flashforward tonight. Might be sighting of a new pre for Sprint. Can't tell very well but the screenshots look like there are slots on the bottom of the pre and it does look a little bigger. Check this thread out:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-5-6-10-a.html

EDIT: the link doesn't seem to work. I still haven't figured out how to link back properly to a thread. Just search for the thread about Flashforward. Sorry.
    July? Timing is perfect. Now all they have to compete with are a couple of awesome new Android phones and a little something called the Apple iPhone 4GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hinky View Post
    July? Timing is perfect. Now all they have to compete with are a couple of awesome new Android phones and a little something called the Apple iPhone 4GS.
    "Late summer" would be more like August-September. And a month or so after the iPhone is release is just dandy (so, I'd be fine with a July release). The buzz will have died down by then, and with HP's backing we should be able to see some significant media buys. More promotions and time to let things settle in, and we shouldn't have a repeat of the Pre's intro.
    Why does this sound so far fetched?! The Pre is coming up to a year old... It's only logical that a new device will be launched in this timeframe.
    I think a lot of us are missing the point with this new webOS phone. I want new features and software as much as I want new hardware. Don't get me wrong, a bigger screen size and more memory would be a great start, but what about webOS 2.0?? I have no idea specifically what I would like to see cooked in it, besides the obvious flash support. I guess I need a change of scenery.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast