Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    The first was that as soon as the exclusivity on Pre 2 expires, that SPRINT will be picking it up to replace the original Pre.
    Thats awful news! Why won't Sprint get it first?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    so is this saying that that sprint will get the pre plus only until the pre 2 comes out? Or is it saying that sprint wont get the pre 2 till later and only have the pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    so is this saying that that sprint will get the pre plus only until the pre 2 comes out? Or is it saying that sprint wont get the pre 2 till later and only have the pre plus?
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I really love the size of the pre,would love if it remain the same. ;-)
    if you love the Pre as it is, then just say you are not gonna buy the updated version. Because expecting Hpalm to not update their form factor, would be asking them to sink their own ship. I love webos very much, but updated hardware (bigger screen, stronger internals, & very solid build) is a must, if Hpalm wants to gain interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdum101 View Post
    yes.
    That really didn't answer his question. And why are you smiling about it? What do you have against Sprint?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Physical keyboard? Yes?
    That sounds like exactly what I want. Just a little bit larger to allow for a touch bigger screen and a smidgeon bigger keyboard. 4G would be nice as well.

I also wonder if this isn't the very beginning of some deliberate leaking and such to get buzz going around the next-gen. Late summer is pretty much what I've been thinking lately, so this makes sense to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    I need some new hardware news soon. The Evo 4G is creeping closer.

Agreed. If they don't have something announced by the time EVO comes out, I might have to jump.
    oh boy i hope so, im fr orlando too so keeping my fingers crossed
    Sounds exactly like what the C40 needs to be.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    That made my day, The Pre is still limping along and I'm to afraid to send it in to get the headphone jack looked at because I don't want a crappy refurb and have to deal with repatching. I cant wait to get my hands on a bigger more BA Pre

hey! 100th post to, cool.
    Good news for you.... I just replaced my pre twice in 3 weeks and NOW they give you a brand new one instead of a refurb!! This could be signs of them offloading their stock. Either way, I got a brand new phone!!!!
    Wow... now I want to wait for the next palm device on at&t and stick it out with my iphone 2g...
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I truely hope this is true! I LOVE WebOS and so bad want an updated version with better HW. But I am also in the boat of looking at the EVO more and more. If the rumor mills starts about new phones with WebOS I will probably wait and see what they look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodriguez102 View Post
    Hpalm
    For the love of God, can we please not call them "Hpalm"?!? It should be HP Palm, or nothing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Good news for you.... I just replaced my pre twice in 3 weeks and NOW they give you a brand new one instead of a refurb!! This could be signs of them offloading their stock. Either way, I got a brand new phone!!!!
    That's good to hear, because I sent mine in for the dreaded headphone jack issue on Tuesday. It had gotten so bad that the static and noise had transferred over to even occuring when I wiggled the slider a bit.

Hope to have it either fixed or replaced with a new one by next week.

I had 50 days left on my warranty. I'm eligable for the premier upgrade next month... I hope we get some solid news on a new WebOS device. Mine is in pristine condition, but would gladly upgrade to a device with slightly larger screen and more robust hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    I was in two different SPRINT stores today getting info on an HTC Hero which my daughter purchased, yes, she has gone to the dark side, and picked up some info from the tech support guys.

The first was that as soon as the exclusivity on Pre 2 expires, that SPRINT will be picking it up to replace the original Pre. The second was a bit more interesting. The techs each said, independently of each other, that PALM reps had been in the stores saying that the next web os phone was going to be coming out in late summer, having a almost the same format, but in a much beefier style, bigger screen, memory card, faster processor, and an edge to edge screen. Smaller than an iPhone, but bigger than Pre. Oh and one more thing that it would be 4G!!

Im no expert, but they seemed to each be sincere, and said they personally liked the webOS better than the ANDROID OS.

So thats what I have from the Orlando, Florida field today.

Lets keep our fingers crossed
    Hmm...sounds like the rumored C40 to me...
    and i didn't get what u were saying about "Pre2" what's that u mean the plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikem07 View Post
    Hmm...sounds like the rumored C40 to me...
    and i didn't get what u were saying about "Pre2" what's that u mean the plus?
    Okay, I'm pretty sure that he meant: once Verizon's Pre Plus exclusive is over (which it is), then Sprint would get it. The Pre 2 (next-gen webOS device by whatever name) will show up in the late summer on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    That really didn't answer his question. And why are you smiling about it? What do you have against Sprint?
    it was not meant to answer anything. That's why the smile. And for the record I've been with sprint for 7 yrs now so I could have LOTS of things against them. You know that there is a lack of humor on this sometimes. It's tragic.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well lets see it happen first before we go overboard.

I wonder if it will support flash.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdum101 View Post
    it was not meant to answer anything. That's why the smile. And for the record I've been with sprint for 7 yrs now so I could have LOTS of things against them. You know that there is a lack of humor on this sometimes. It's tragic.
    Lol lack of humor? Dude I was joking.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast