1.    #1  
    Lots of people think Palm need to make superior device compared to current one (Pre Plus & Pixi Plus) to compete with HTC products and iPhone.

I personally agreed! but what you really need about superior specs?

CPU:
    If you need fast n furious device. then latest snapdragon CPU 1Ghz should be your choice.
    Pros : snappy performance
    Cons : drain battery faster

GPU:
    If you need beutiful 3D effect of games. Then PowerVR or maybe Tegra chipset is your choice
    Pros : beautiful and great 3D experience

Storage:
    If you need bigger storage for your device... 32GB or 64GB is your choice
    Pros : off course bigger always better
    Cons : slightly add cost

Display:
    If you need high end display.. crisp and clear display .. 800x480 AMOLED is your choice
    Pros : more area can be seen at once
    Cons : small screen of such resolution make everything looks tiny and hard to see

Connection:
    WiFi, Bluetooth, EV-DO, HSDPA, always be a basic need. If you need faster.. then WiMAX is your choice.
    Pros : more speed!! faster always better

QWERTY:
    Needed or no needed... its up to users.. but for me I prefer have one
    Pros : typing can be much better and comfortable
    Cons : need lots of space

Storage Card:
    Always needed... even not a must.
    Pros : can add more storage
    Cons : need a few additional space.

Camera:
    Hard to say higher MegaPixel will do better quality. But I will say 8MP complete with Xenon Flash should be great
    Pros : 8MP should be great to replace pocketable camera
    Cons : should add more cost

Battery:
    I don't know.. why till now battery technology stuck on Li Ion or Li Polimer?
    >2000mAH is the great choice to support high spec device.
    Pros : bigger...better
    Cons : bigger ... heavier and take lots of space

So That's my self opinion. feel free to tell about yours

For me all higher spec is better, but about display.. I'm a bit struggle which one I should choose.

For me 320x480 is quite good. that res can fit for 3.1" & 3.5" screen, and very friendly to people eyes.. if you add more res or maybe doubled it.. but the screen just a bit bigger such 4" .. do you think it will still become eyes and finger friendly

Check Nexus One and motorola Droid screen. It is using only 3.7" screen but the res 800x480 & 854x480.

If the device has such high res.. but the interface still using big GUI to make finger friendly... don't you think it is a waste?
    If the device has such high res.. and you do browsing or read ebook.. don't you think your eyes will comfortable? If you use zoom feature... what the purpose of higher res?

More over.. constant display res for future product ... can make game developers easier to make game. They don't need to make various version of their game to fit many kind of display resolution. This is one of many sucessful point that iPhone have till now.. starting from iPhone 2G,3G,3GS .. they are all using same screen resolution. What about iPhone 4G? Maybe it is a bit higher such 640x480 or maybe even the same with older one.
    Last edited by The Bard; 05/06/2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add camera opinion
    Snapdragon is on it's way out. I am hoping palm can be the first device to use Omap4, but it may not be released till the end of the year.
    Snapdragon is where the phones are at right now... And with Palm saying they have a few devices in the pipeline right now, so my guess is if they do have a faster processor, it'll likely be snapdragon. As much as Omap4 sounds, it'll just be more costly, and with Palm's financial standing... It isn't looking likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonatho087 View Post
    Snapdragon is where the phones are at right now... And with Palm saying they have a few devices in the pipeline right now, so my guess is if they do have a faster processor, it'll likely be snapdragon. As much as Omap4 sounds, it'll just be more costly, and with Palm's financial standing... It isn't looking likely.
    what financial standing? HP just bought Palm. They have plenty of money to do what they need to do now.
    Snapdragon will be useless by 2011.
    Palm shouldn't aim for what's fast now, they should secure the fastest processor that isn't out yet. Using HP's weight in the tech world, pursue a processor maker and sign a deal to be the first. No more being a "me too" phone, be the pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonatho087 View Post
    Dude, do some reading around here.
    HP just showed up, with this:
    http://paidcontent.org/images/editor...-dollars-s.jpg
    Palm have stated that they will stick with Texas Instruments - so OMAP it is. They're not going to switch to Qualcomm any time soon. And while Snapdragons are apparently quicker than OMAPs, the biggest difference is that all the Snapdragon devices you see out there are 1GHz and above... OMAP also has 1GHz processors, they're just not being widely used. The biggest reason why Snapdragon is perceived as superior by your average Joe is that "Snapdragon" is a name that's infinitely more inspiring than "OMAP3640".

Since TI have said that the first OMAP4 processors will be delivered to large volume buyers by late 2010, I've got my hopes up that HP will be one of these large volume buyers. Palm Slate running webOS 2.0 for christmas, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Dude, do some reading around here.
    HP just showed up, with this:
    http://paidcontent.org/images/editor...-dollars-s.jpg
    Correct! As of little over a week ago, Palm is looking like this:
    http://www.wrensnestonline.com/blog/...oge-mcduck.jpg
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    What the new WebOS phone needs is not specs. The phone needs to look and feel good and solid. The *Phone(Apple's phone) did/ is not selling on specs. The next phone must look like gold and last last like steel.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    What the new WebOS phone needs is not specs. The phone needs to look and feel good and solid. The *Phone(Apple's phone) did/ is not selling on specs. The next phone must look like gold and last last like steel.
    I agree with you! but seems still lots of people out there bought devices by looking at the specs, like the Android devices. They have superior specs compared to WebOS device and they proved well sold compared to Pre Plus or Pixi Plus. This is quite an irony for me. Maybe they think superior specs will result better performance or maybe they think they pay for hardwares not.. the software or the OS.
    I think the iPhone looks boring. What's so pretty about it?

About a month ago, a friend of mine bought an iPhone because of its "superior build quality". He said he couldn't deal with phones like my and my friend's Pre, with their oreo effects (neither of our Pre's wobbles; if you actually turn the screen against the back cover, you can get maybe half a millimeter in either direction, on either phone). Palm are a disgrace for not taking better care of their production processes and we should demand refunds.
    His iPhone's back cover is very nearly a millimeter wider than the front side, both left and right. So however you have it in your hand, there's always a scratchy edge in your Palm. His reaction? "That's manufacturing tolerance, nothing Apple can do about it. I'm not going to return because of something like that."

THIS is Palm's problem; issues that nobody would dream of calling issues in other phones are being blown up to incredible scale.

There are people that as soon as you see them, you like. Other people you can't stand for no real reason - it's just subconscious sympathy or lack of it. Apple is a company that everyone likes, because of their sleek stuff, a really charismatic leader and an underdog image cultivated 20 years ago. Palm is a company that people associate with black-and-white screened mid-90s bulky PDAs and the soulless super-rich suits that used them; eff those guys.

Maybe HP are well advised to kill off the Palm brand because I think it hurts sales more than it helps them. Keep the products, keep the product developers, by all means keep Rubinstein - but I'm not sure whether the Palm name itself is an asset or a liability. If they keep it, they will need a BIG image campaign for Palm, wholly aside from the HUGE product campaign they will need to run for webOS to make people aware of its existence. Look around in the App Catalog, almost every app has a few people saying "this is a good app for PalmOS". And that's people USING a Pre or Pixi. How many people on the street do you think are even aware of Palm these days? And how many of these do you think believe that they're still making PalmOS? I'd say more than half on the latter part.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It needs specs and a great build quality. I don't know if everything Foxcon puts out is crap, or if they just build to spec, but the pre could have been so much better. Who does HP use to build their hardware?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Specs and OS are not the end all be all. Sometimes people just don't like the way a phone looks. My family and I were at a Verizon store last week. We signed up for a new plan and phones. I got the Pre+. I was kinda familiar with the phone's UI and its potential from reading posts in this forum. My wife took one cursory look at the Pre (didn't pick it up or turn it on) and walked away from it. I said what's the matter. She replied its too bulky and besides a coworker recommended she get the Incredible. I asked my daughter "Do you like the Pre?" She replied, "No!" I asked why. She said, "It's tiny." I said "Do you want me to show you some of its features?" She walked away from me
    very freaking high