Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. evankwh's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #1  
    Palm and HP are gonna have to make some new devices fast
    There are some wicked phones coming out this year and if they don't get some good phones out they going no where.
    1. HTC EVO
    2. Dell Lightning
    I mean more and more next gen phones are coming out they got some hard competition.

    Dell Lightning: the ultimate Windows Phone 7 device leaks - Engadget Galleries

    i don't know why but i do love the look of the palm pre (Haven't bought it yet but really want to) (I hopefully getting for about 160 As new condition with one year warranty)
    But these upcoming devices just look so nice
  2. #2  
    thanks captain obvious
    This signature for rent
  3. #3  
    You're not wrong my friend
  4. #4  
    What the HTC and Dell devices don't have is webOS. Sure, they're great hardware, but if there's one thing that's been hammered home with all of the recent goings on around Palm, it's that webOS is the best mobile OS available today. And, from the roadmap, it's just going to get better.

    With HP's money behind them, and eventually HP's manufacturing and distribution prowess, Palm can feel free to take some time to perfect their planning and execution. I'm not at all worried about the Android megaphone du jour, and Win Phone 7 won't be here until the end of the year. I think Palm will do just fine releasing the next-gen device in the August timeframe (although I'd sure love to see it sooner), to go along with all of the webOS updates that were discussed at last weekend's developer event.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #5  
    Thanks. And the sky is blue, water is wet and fire is hot.

    I would prefer that Palm take their time and do it right. So if that means releasing a device for Sprint (whom I don't care about) in October instead of August I'm all for it. The more time they have to sit back and see what the competition is including and then one up it, the better.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  6. #6  
    Well the sale needs to finalize first lol
  7. #7  
    Even on the tablet front the Notion Ink Adam could be coming out as early as June. I would definitely prefer a WebOS tablet and I would want HP to get it right but if their tablet comes out 6 months after the Adam does they may be walking into a market already dominated by Google and Apple. I hope thats not the case but the Adam does have some nice features and would surely attract a lot of developers and people that want a tablet but not an Ipad.
  8. #8  
    I agree with the post above that Palm should yes move as quick as they can, but dont so fast that the product is missing basic features, or has alot of hardware issues. I myself am a sprint pre user, and am dieing to hear about a new device soon, but if it takes them till nov, dec, or even january before we get something new, and its complete with no bugs I'd rather wait then rather then having to keep going back to the store to exchange a defective item.
  9. #9  
    I would love to see a new palm phone come out soon, bit I don't think it is as necessary to get it out as fast as possible now that they are getting bought by hp. Money seems to not be an issue now, so hopefully they take their time and build a truly stunning phone.
  10. #10  
    HP has alot of cash to spend. OP do you think in a year their will only be android or APPLE? Of course not. The market for smartphones will still be growing fast, HP could sit out a year and redesign webos and relaunch with 5 phones and a tablet or 2 if they wanted, and how would that be the end of it?

    A year from now more people will buy smartphones than last year. Not something I want, but maybe a "reintroduction" of Webos to the masses with a blitz of several new devices and massive marketing is more appropriate then a "fire from the hip" get it out now mentality...
  11. #11  
    A new flagship phone would be nice, but my Pre still has some life in it yet!

    I'm happy with webOS, but not too impressed with the hardware. I'd gladly wait for a product that has had some serious QA testing devoted to it... Cracked screens from usb ports/center buttons from normal usage just doesn't cut it for me.
  12. #12  
    Exactly, and I think HP and Palm should take there time and release quality devices, and not rush things out with issues and problems well said.
  13. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    What the HTC and Dell devices don't have is webOS. Sure, they're great hardware, but if there's one thing that's been hammered home with all of the recent goings on around Palm, it's that webOS is the best mobile OS available today. And, from the roadmap, it's just going to get better.

    With HP's money behind them, and eventually HP's manufacturing and distribution prowess, Palm can feel free to take some time to perfect their planning and execution. I'm not at all worried about the Android megaphone du jour, and Win Phone 7 won't be here until the end of the year. I think Palm will do just fine releasing the next-gen device in the August timeframe (although I'd sure love to see it sooner), to go along with all of the webOS updates that were discussed at last weekend's developer event.
    Agree. At this point, I really don't want them rushing another phone out. I want them to hire some more programmers and shore up the OS, then release something sexier than the new iphone coming out.

    The worst thing they can do right now is release something that will be leap-frogged almost immediately, which is why I'm sort of concerned about that im-the-pipe palm phone coming to sprint...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Agree. At this point, I really don't want them rushing another phone out. I want them to hire some more programmers and shore up the OS, then release something sexier than the new iphone coming out.

    The worst thing they can do right now is release something that will be leap-frogged almost immediately, which is why I'm sort of concerned about that im-the-pipe palm phone coming to sprint...


    and I second that, because I am a waiting sprint palm pre owner and want something I can really be proud that palm made. Hopefully they were going all out before the buyout, assuming they made or still making a sick Web OS device for sprint. Only time will tell huh.
  15. #15  
    What HPalm needs to do is let all these devices come out and let the people who just switch to the newest thing go flock to them then work on something new and radical with internals a computer manufacturer like HP can throw together and blow the competition out of the water
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    What HPalm needs to do is let all these devices come out and let the people who just switch to the newest thing go flock to them then work on something new and radical with internals a computer manufacturer like HP can throw together and blow the competition out of the water
    very good idea, as well as release it the same time on all 4 carriers at the same time. When has that really been done, I think they would murder the competition that way, as well as make a huge profit. Sine HP has the funding to do so.

Posting Permissions