Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is my dream phone. All the features could be done.

It would need to be sturdy and have connectivity with other components.

1- Metal case. Black diamond plate look. It can take a beating in the real world.
    2- Larger screen like the bigger ones on the market today.
    3- 4G - WiMax. Would allow fast service and Sprint would allow unlimited GB. This could be done since the speed (bandwidth) is so fast it would not use as much cell tower time for the same amount of data as 3G
    4- Will work with HP printers. There is no reason why HP would not want you to use their products.
    5- Will tie in directly with a Slate or PalmPad. Allow quick access to WiMax
    6- Will communicate 2-way with Slate, PalmPad or HP computers.
    7- It will have a scan function for HP computers products.
    8- It will have an LED protector built in or snap on accessory.
    And lastly it will still be WebOS and make a phone call.

What's your dream list?
    Give a full list if you can

Mine might also have selective hearing when my wife calls. lol
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 05/04/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I can see a revised ipaq glisten to be like a webos treo
    Oh and based on the way the market is going it's going to need at least snapdragon to be relevant or whatever the top of the line processor is at that point
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I can see a revised ipaq glisten to be like a webos treo
    Oh and based on the way the market is going it's going to need at least snapdragon to be relevant or whatever the top of the line processor is at that point
    +1 I agree. It has to be the fastest. It wold look bad for a computer maker if not.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    Anyone else have any ideas. This could be your record to the Membership of the future. Post what you think the top Palm phone will be like.
    Come on go for it.
    Put your type where your mouth is.

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Anyone else have any ideas. This could be your record to the Membership of the future. Post what you think the top Palm phone will be like.
    Come on go for it.
    Put your type where your mouth is.
    I think you covered most of it!

But...
    *A powerful processor
    *Even more memory (because a lot of things are going pure digital)
    *Different colors (though, I don't how a white Pre would look!)
    *Some cool looking designs
    *Everything else members post on here!
    Last edited by Soorma; 05/04/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    look at omap4, and the scorpion cores.

dual core 1.0-1.5+ghz processors. capable of powering hd tvs...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I think you covered most of it!

But...
    *A powerful processor
    *Even more memory (because a lot of things are going pure digital)
    *Different colors (though, I don't how a white Pre would look!)
    *Some cool looking designs
    *Everything else members post on here!
    +1 Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    look at omap4, and the scorpion cores.

dual core 1.0-1.5+ghz processors. capable of powering hd tvs...
    And what do you want the phone to look like?

We want them!!!
    video output. (i.e. be able to hook to TV monitor to play back videos).

support for all common video file formats.

bluetooth keyboard support.

that's a start
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post

And what do you want the phone to look like?
    I'm not to picky. as long as the screen is bigger than 3.5 inchs (3.7+ preferred), and the quality is good, i'm happy. I care more about internals, like it having atleast 1gb of ram, a dual core cpu, 32gb storage, etc...

The c40 thats coming this year won't have all that, but we are talking about next year.
    It will not talk back and respond to my every command
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    It will not talk back and respond to my every command
    What are we talking about here?
    May I suggest....Don't open at work or in front of family
    Last edited by Soorma; 05/04/2010 at 11:36 PM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    What are we talking about here? Oh wait...wrong thread
    lmao, it will stop talking back with its "i got to many cards" sorry master lol
    with fully loaded HTML5
    Here is what I would like to see (in the ultimate device):

Hardware

I would like to see a device that is build tough! I would like to not worry if I drop my phone.

I would of course like the device to still remain touch centric (3.7in screen) with a full QWERTY keyboard that is nice to type on.

Software

I would like to see a seamless device (I really think that WebOS can get this done).

Say I am in Paris, I would like to be able to call family and would like to be able to share items between connected devices. Like if I am talking to my wife, I could tell her to hold on a sec, go into a menu, find photos I have taken and "swipe" them to my home TV. I would like to have profiles where I could "swipe" to many friends/family TVs.

I would like a closer intergration with social networks. Like Facebook chat coming default built into the device.

I would like to see seamless connections to all personal devices. Let's say I am carrying a USB key on my keychain. Have this key have a small "transmitter" where I can go into my phone and tell it to pull music from my USB key and listen to music (thereby freeing storage on my phone).

I would like the ability to simply setup a profile on my home computer and have my phone always able to use it. "Swipe" anything to the computer or from my computer.

Always synced devices! All my devices connected and ready! Could be a universal "key" that works with my devices. Not user described, but a key that is auto generated and stored across devices for access (think long key like a SSH type key).

Hp could do this! They have a large market and could sell devices in this manner.

We could even think of you watching a TV on Sunday, something came up and you have to go. Go into a menu on the TV and tell it to stream to phone. Get in your car and put phone on a dock (or bluetooth) and suddenly all TVs in your car can be turned on and can watch the game or you can turn on the radio and simply listen. All streamed from your home!
    Last edited by corbintechboy; 05/05/2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Give me a choice of carriers, HPalm.

Be the first cell phone maker to create a unified GSM/LTE/CDMA/WiMax phone that has one chip handling all the different protocols.

Don't limit me to just one carrier. Roll out your superphone on multiple US carriers. Make an LTE version, a WiMax version, an HSDPA version, and an EVDO version.

Don't overdo the "cool" hardware. It takes away from battery life and doesn't add much in core user experience. A bigger screen (without the yellow splotch issue, please), higher resolution (but with seamless backward compatibility with the Pre PDK apps), bigger and better battery, better keyboard, and ruggedized case.

And make it affordable!

Palm -- You've got a great start with the Pre. Fix the plastic, make the screen a little bigger, make the keyboard clickier, and give end users choices, and you'll do great!
    Nothing wrong with plastic, the iphone is going with a plastic back because a metal case compromises the radio signal reception.
    I know this sounds redundant but: Speech-to-text messaging.... think about it, now that we have phones strapped to us, text messaging allows for a conversation that can be interrupted (since we can see history on the phone!). Typing is fine for privacy, but the phone has a mic, it has the processing power, why can't I just speak the words and it writes them out for me?
    at the end of the day it's what they manage to do given the time.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @corbintechboy ... wow! i like the way you think
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    @corbintechboy ... wow! i like the way you think
    Thanks .

I do think that would make one awesome device (among the other devices that will use this tech).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast