Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by corbintechboy View Post
    Here is what I would like to see (in the ultimate device):

Hardware

I would like to see a device that is build tough! I would like to not worry if I drop my phone.

I would of course like the device to still remain touch centric (3.7in screen) with a full QWERTY keyboard that is nice to type on.

Software

I would like to see a seamless device (I really think that WebOS can get this done).

Say I am in Paris, I would like to be able to call family and would like to be able to share items between connected devices. Like if I am talking to my wife, I could tell her to hold on a sec, go into a menu, find photos I have taken and "swipe" them to my home TV. I would like to have profiles where I could "swipe" to many friends/family TVs.

I would like a closer intergration with social networks. Like Facebook chat coming default built into the device.

I would like to see seamless connections to all personal devices. Let's say I am carrying a USB key on my keychain. Have this key have a small "transmitter" where I can go into my phone and tell it to pull music from my USB key and listen to music (thereby freeing storage on my phone).

I would like the ability to simply setup a profile on my home computer and have my phone always able to use it. "Swipe" anything to the computer or from my computer.

Always synced devices! All my devices connected and ready! Could be a universal "key" that works with my devices. Not user described, but a key that is auto generated and stored across devices for access (think long key like a SSH type key).

Hp could do this! They have a large market and could sell devices in this manner.

We could even think of you watching a TV on Sunday, something came up and you have to go. Go into a menu on the TV and tell it to stream to phone. Get in your car and put phone on a dock (or bluetooth) and suddenly all TVs in your car can be turned on and can watch the game or you can turn on the radio and simply listen. All streamed from your home!
    The read/write USB port is big. It could then be used with keyboards, LED projection and printers if not then bluetooth. As far as the picture/document TV transfer, that sounds more like and app/software issue. The TV would have to be connected to the web somehow and the phone would then only need an app. I LIKE IT!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    You guys are making some great suggestions. Stuff I hadn't even considered until reading this thread! I'm very intrigued by connectivity... I've got an HP computer and would love to see some great connectivity between it and future Palm/HP devices. Wireless connectivity, that is. Somebody above mentioned "swiping" something to your PC-- that's a great idea!
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    The read/write USB port is big. It could then be used with keyboards, LED projection and printers if not then bluetooth. As far as the picture/document TV transfer, that sounds more like and app/software issue. The TV would have to be connected to the web somehow and the phone would then only need an app. I LIKE IT!
    I like the USB idea! It would serve for more applications then I was thinking.

The more people I tell about this idea, the more people suggest I get a hold of HP (or someone).

On the connected device front, I came up with something a little more streamlined! The 'Smart Router", this router would take devices in you home and would streamline everything via your network. Example:

You are watching a TV show, wife calls and needs milk (we all know how annoying that can be during the big game), go into menu and simply tell TV to stream (router handles whole thing). Get into car place phone on dock (bluetooth). Phone has key setup with home network for security, checks home network see TV is streaming and connects.

Everything can be connected in this matter! Your stove,TV,radio,printer,computer,garage door,home security system and the list can go on. Control of everything in the Palm of your hand (pun intended ).

Going to Paris and you are at you brothers/friends house telling them about the trip? He/She wants pics? FINE! You hit a button on your phone, notification pops up on friends/brothers TV and asks if He/She would like to allow access to His/Hers network. Then it can go as far as what kind of access, like pictures to TV only and so on... Gives the user complete control!

Now your in Paris, YAY, hope your having a blast! Want to send the pics? Ok, do it! Notification pops up on brothers/friends TV or whatever device they set it up to pop up on (TV is easy example) and they can view it now or save for later. Network has own storage to save these types of things (think a drive inside your router).

So many things can be done with this. I love the idea of everything connected. Power of all your devices in your hand.

Any device that is streaming can also have a streaming mode that saves power. Like if your streaming your TV, you would not want the screen on for none to watch, screen goes off and it goes into a "standby" mode where it would only stream.

This sounds so awesome to me .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12