1.    #1  
    With all of these interesting developments, I'm left wondering what the new buyout means for Sprint. Will the next WebOS device (or devices) still launch on Sprint initially, or will they jump to one of the larger networks for a stronger opening push? Perhaps they will launch on multiple carriers thanks to HP's larger resources.

I love Sprint and would hate to lose out on the chance for earlier access to a new device!
    it is too early in the process to start changing these things (deployment strategy), you may see this in a year or two. I get the feeling Palm will operate as normal, at least until the deal closes in July.

Good for us though, because I think that HP is already funneling money to Palm. Looks good for the next device!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    at first i'm sure it will be Sprint.. as whatever has been started is in the pipeline already. But you gotta give Sprint some respect for sticking with palm
    yeah sprints till one of 3 largest carriers in the US of course there still in the loop, and most likely they would get alot more love then Verzion due to how Verizon treated Palm when it came to any android phone. Also sprint will be 4G first and is open to Palm as they always have been, thats why they sold more then 2million pres more then Verizon did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Good for us though, because I think that HP is already funneling money to Palm. Looks good for the next device!
    You think so? I would guess that HP wouldn't risk doing that until the buyout is approved by Uncle Sam. Otherwise, any money HP put into Palm before that would be lost.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they got a copy of webos to ''scale'', they have already stated the tested it's scaling capabilities, so they prolly want the development team to get the apis out asap, not fall
    they might have already started funneling money though, because HP is set on buying Palm and upped it already to 1.4 billion from 1.2 and the companies that were interested in buying Palm lenovo, htc, cisco etc dosent have nearly as much cash as HP let alone willing to spend even the 1.2 billion they put up initially anyways. So its safe to say yet not on paper yet that the deal is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    You think so? I would guess that HP wouldn't risk doing that until the buyout is approved by Uncle Sam. Otherwise, any money HP put into Palm before that would be lost.
    I guess I should clarify, I think that Palm's money has been freed up now they have got deeper pockets coming.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.