Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hello!

I'm hoping to track down these files as my phone on the Treo died. In doing some searches on this site, it appears others have had the same problem and these files helped solve the problem.

HS support is now closed - otherwise I'd simply call them.

If you've got the files and are willing to share, please e-mail to: ginmtb@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!

Mike
    Check your mail

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  3. r_b
    could you please email them to me,

my treo died 4 hours ago too!.

thanks
    rballaa@hotmail.com
    Please send also for me!

itanczos@westel900.net
    Here are the two PRC's AND the read me

RadioReset

SdrvDirectRadioLib

Treo 180 phone reception fix.txt

Make sure to read the readme.txt

Best wishes

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Does anyone know if this will work on the Treo 270, or is it an issue that has been fixed between the release of the 180 and the 270???
    Brad Dwight
    bdwight@tamu.edu
    Can any1 tell me what r theese files for??

Zo
    The files reset the radio on the Treo if it cannot connect to the cell network anymore (usally after roaming outside your home network),

BTW How is the GPRS beta testing going?

Originally posted by zsozso
    Can any1 tell me what r theese files for??

Zo
    Thanks for the info./ I cant tell anyting more. I didnt get any newer beta yet... Unfortunately..

I d love to see the final)

Zso
    When I read the txt file from Veloslave's post that said that:

1. the files are beta
    2. they are not to be distributed to others

I went to this Handspring support page and sent an email to them describing the radio problem, hoping to get newer versions.

In less than 10 minutes, I got an email telling me to try a soft reset and when that doesn't work, call a toll-free number and give them the case number in the email.

I called the number, and it took the tech support guy less than a minute to decide to send me the files, and they appeared 5 minutes later in my email inbox.

So, in less than 15 minutes, I sent an email and got a resolution!

BTW, the files I got have today's date as the build date, so these are hot off the press.

Once the fix worked, I was going to delete the files. But since they are small, I'll keep them on my Treo in case (god forbid) this happens again when I'm on the road.
    Jeff
    Once the fix worked, I was going to delete the files.
    Please consider posting them!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Originally posted by UniPalmer
    Please consider posting them!
    I won't post them, as the email I received says:
    Note: These are beta versions of the Radio Reset application. Please do not distribute to other users.
    Besides, if you have the problem, it's easy to get the latest ones from Handspring.
    Jeff
    One reason to post the new files is that I am carrying an older set on my Treo, because I will be travelling for 3 weeks without a PC and thus with no way to install the files if I run into a problem! I would be happy to install a newer set over them.
    Last edited by Preston; 07/16/2002 at 08:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    10 minutes for an e-mail response from Handspring?!!! That must be a record. Mark that in your highlight book. I've never gotten a reply in the same day.

Oddly enough, when I got these files, I had to do about 3 hard resets because my Backup Buddy froze several times. I never did run these files and my phone began working again. Go figure.
    the resetradio link is dead. can someone email me the files. my address is rklosin@pacbell.net. thanks

rich
    Please send the files also to me: bellacci@venere.it
    here you go

be sure you remove the ".txt"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    thanks. ciao marco
    Originally posted by ShockSLL
    here you go

be sure you remove the ".txt"
    How do you remove the .txt?
    When I download this I just get a garbled text note.
    Did you get my e-mail????

Just download the file that I posted and rename it so it doesn't have the .txt extension. The website won't let me upload files unless they are images or have a .txt extension. So I renamed my zip file to have a .txt extension so I could post it and people could download it.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270