View Poll Results: Do you think HP will focus more on tablets?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 16.67%
  • No

4 8.33%
  • Maybe.

2 4.17%
  • They'll keep tabs on both markets.

34 70.83%
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Dieter made a good point that I was thinking on the podcast.

Do you think HP bought Palm and is going to focus more on the tablet/slate market?

I feel like that could happen, or HP says "stick whatever great thing you have on this next phone"...
    Including things like a super amoled screen, 1.5ghz processor, etc... hardware that 1-ups the competition.

What do you think?
    I'm sure that HP bought WebOS with tablets in mind. They knew that Windows 7 was a bad choice of OS for a slate. This was definitely a huge factor in their decision.

But I'm also certain that they want a piece of the smartphone market - they're not about to give up on the smartphone side of things - that is after all what the OS was designed to cater for
    they did state that they will be taking on the smartphone market, they really didnt even mention tablets only hinted towards doing so (though obvious even with the cancelation of the hp slate). They are still already the leader in laptops sales so they can sell, and though tablets will be part of the future in laptops,or netbook alternative technology HP knows the real money and market are cell phones, not laptops or tablets. So of course their main focus is smartphones not tablets that the reason why the aquisition of Palm was a big deal.
    you what's great? Most of the needed features are needed for both tablet, and phone. Hp isn't apple(not saying good, or bad just different. Apple focuses on one thing,spends millions telling consmers why that one thing is perfect for them. Hp is all about variety. Maybe not at first, but once the os gains grounds you ate going to see all sorts of phones, and tablets in different sizes. I mean look at android, the nexus one did much worse than the pre, but since they have so many devices, it doesn't male a difference.
    I believe HP is about variety too, but I dont think they will make the (imo) same mistake google is making in releasing a new phone every month or two. I think this contributes to the Nexus one flop, past the radio issues. Now they even had to drop the Nexus one releasing on verizon because of the incrediable which is the same device pretty much just a bit better specs. I say do what apple is doing, in respects to each product(phone, laptop, tablet etc) make one or two models for each and let it run for atleast 8-12 months then release a upgraded model. Maximize your sales just like Apple does with thier iphone, macbooks etc. As you can see they are profitable, even more so then any other company out there if you go and look at their stock reports for the last 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Dieter made a good point that I was thinking on the podcast.

Do you think HP bought Palm and is going to focus more on the tablet/slate market?

I feel like that could happen, or HP says "stick whatever great thing you have on this next phone"...
    Including things like a super amoled screen, 1.5ghz processor, etc... hardware that 1-ups the competition.

What do you think?
    I said this the day HP bought palm, that they were more interested in freeing themselves from windows licensing fees to microsoft on their laptop/ pcs / slates than smartphones.

They will most definitely utilize this as a brand new OS from which to sell their "unique" computer solutions.

smartphones will be a side venture for HP. They want to focus on their tablets and laptop offerings with this acquisition.

Wait and see this unfold. Mark my words...