1.    #1  
    Well i thought of a tablet running web-os back when the ipad was announced, and thought of a bunch of features. the most important one is: real multitasking. Like having two things on the screen at once, like windows 7 does. I never shared it before, cause i didn't see a web-os tablet happening anytime soon, but with the hp announcement, i wanted to see what people think.

For my image i used tic tac mot, and msn, but other uses would be browsing the web and typing, watching a video, or talking to a friend. Maybe u have video chat on skype on half the screen, and playing a game on the other.

It works by having gesture areas all around the screen. I think the image itself explains it very well, but let me know if you need me to clarify.

let me know what you think. Would you like to see this in a web-os tablet (assuming you get one).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    does the image not make sense? does my idea suck? I want to know what people think, cause for me that would be a key feature. It would significantly increase my chances of buying a tablet.
    Dude, spot on. Seriously.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    Dude, spot on. Seriously.
    thanks.. It's nice to get some feedback.

Imagine a web-os tablet running a dual core 1.5ghz arm processor, with 1gb of ram, and 128gb of internal storage. Can do "real multitasking", run flash, and has a camera for video chat. Has usb drives so even if you choose to go with a wifi version, you could always ad a usb wimax card. it would also give you the ability to charge your cellphone.

Future verisions:

Imagine being able to access files on the tablet from your phone, and vice versa (in an elegant way like Microsoft surface). Future versions could include a built in pico projector (future versions cause I have yet to see a high quality projector that doesn't destroy battery life.). As we get to quad core 2.0ghz (I'm looking a few years into the future), you could add a capacitive stylus or something that's new and better, in order to run apps like photoshop, and indesign. Since hp does consumer, and business class porducts, maybe they could strike a deal with wacom or someone similar to use that kind of technology (no idea if it works over capacitive touch screens, but just saying) for their business class, since it will probably increase the cost but a fair amount of dollars.
    Sorry man. Took me a few to understand what you are trying to communicate. Seriously LOVE the concept. Let's hope their "scaling up" has something like this in mind. I had actually thought myself of something dual screen like a nook. With the app launcher and card view on the lower screen below and the active app up top in the larger screen, but I think I like your concept even better.
    Dude, you are an amazing artist!!

Great idea though, seriously. A tablet with webOS would be really cool.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Sorry man. Took me a few to understand what you are trying to communicate. Seriously LOVE the concept. Let's hope their "scaling up" has something like this in mind. I had actually thought myself of something dual screen like a nook. With the app launcher and card view on the lower screen below and the active app up top in the larger screen, but I think I like your concept even better.
    thanks.. I guess it is a little messy. Right now i have work to do, but i'll spend more than 5 minutes, and create a neater image. I'm guessing theres two main things i need to improve, let me know if theres anything else. 1. make it neater, (like the writing and stuff). 2. brake it down into more steps.

I think what i'll do is take screenshots on my pre, then edit that into it.. I'll take longer, but it should be worth it.

I really hope they incorporate something very similar.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    Dude, you are an amazing artist!!
    hahaha.. Thank you, i'd teach a class, but it's all natural, you either have it, or you don't.
    Great idea. Thanks for the wording around the pics, or I would have never got it.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Took me a second as well, but love the idea!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The image hurts my eyes, but it makes sense.
  12.    #12  
    I just made a flash video, and in 94 minutes youtube will be done uploading it.

It's not very visually appealing , but it's alot better then the image above.
    Hey, I understood the image quickly. I hope that they implement an idea like yours for multiple tasks on screen.
    It's a good one!
    how about if they make the cards layout like the photo album effect on the iPad? pinch zoom in and out to reveal the cards.

That would be absoultely awesome!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    how about if they make the cards layout like the photo album effect on the iPad? pinch zoom in and out to reveal the cards.

That would be absoultely awesome!
    that be great... but maybe have it come up in card view first, then if you tap the sides, instead of making it zoomed out further, it makes it like that.. Or maybe like that to begin with, i can't be sure which is better until i try it.

Either way i deff like that idea. (not sure how the ipad image app is, but i can imagine)