1.    #1  
    Dear Jon Rubenstein,
    I know you're busy with the whole acquisition thing, but back to what we're about: great phones with a great OS. And if you want to see Apple fall flat on it's face (I know you do) and you're serious about the whole grass-roots marketing plan, Steve Jobs has practically gift-wrapped a golden opportunity for you.

The lost phone and subsequent raid was a huge "Be Evil" moment for Apple. Now is the time to use that extra capital you now have to get that prototype ready ASAP for leakage and get your Gizmodo's and Engadget's tearing that thing apart. And with Jon Stewart comparing Apple to 1984 Big Brother, now is the time to strike at a core segment of the Apple user base and get these guys using your stuff.

I know its tempting to sit on your rears now that you have HP behind ya, but if you snooze, you will still lose.

Sincerely,
    Someone who would also like to look at the prototype
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Gizmodo's a bunch of Apple *******.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Gizmodo's a bunch of Apple *******.
    after the whole break in debacle it will be interesting to read their upcoming reviews of apple products
    This signature for rent
    Jon Stewart has a fairly small audience...not sure what good he'd do.
    Forget Giz, give it to Engadget.

Just look at the HP-Palm news, Engadget had 4 huge reports including live blog; Giz had only a side note with their touch of doubt that Palm would still be good after this (as always). Compare that with Giz flooded with iPad stories for months, and then repeatedly beating the dead horse on the iPhone leak story (how many reiterations of the same story?). Engadget clearly has more love for Palm
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Colbert hasn't done any Apple jokes yet. He has a huge audience and would be much more inclined to shamelessly plug a product, especially with a ready-made joke with the raid.

If the hardware is good, then Gizmo can't say **** about Palm/HP. You can't fear your critics, you have to prove them wrong.

But an Engadget "leak" might be a decent reward for their coverage of Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    after the whole break in debacle it will be interesting to read their upcoming reviews of apple products
    My thoughts exactly.

Are you kidding? He was voted the most trusted name in news by a US wide poll. His audience is huge. He gets Presidential candidates on his show. He gets sitting vice presidents on his show. Colbert is arguably even larger!

If you get them behind Palm, then you have some real word of mouth advertising going.

As far as giz goes, they are actually drooling over a WebOS tablet. Check out this article. They are really for the HP buyout.

Why HP Buying Palm Is Good for You - Palm - Gizmodo
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    ^ Sorry, that's not true. More Americans trust the Fox News Channel than ANY other network. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32039.html

Jon Stewarts ratings don't evencome close to that of any show on FNC at anytime of any day. so, in that respect, his audience is fairly small. He is popular, though, and nearly everybody knows his name, but do they watch his show? Not so much.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/29/2010 at 02:56 AM.
    ^ Sorry, that's not true. More Americans trust the Fox News Channel than ANY other network.

Jon Stewarts ratings don't evencome close to that of any show on FNC at anytime of any day. so, in that respect, his audience is fairly small. He is popular, though, and nearly everybody knows his name, but do they watch his show? Not so much.
    that poll would be so different in canada. When people in canada watch fox news, odds are its for commedy. Well atleast that's how it is in b.c
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    that poll would be so different in canada. When people in canada watch fox news, odds are its for commedy. Well atleast that's how it is in b.c
    Haha that's okay. We think your whole country is comedy. Well, except the bloody seal slaughter - www.canadasshame.com - We think that's disgusting.

But! Back on topic...does anyone know if Jon Stewart actually likes tech & gadgets?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Haha that's okay. We think your whole country is comedy. Well, except the bloody seal slaughter - PETA Takes On the Canadian Seal Slaughter | CanadasShame.com - We think that's disgusting.

But! Back on topic...does anyone know if Jon Stewart actually likes tech & gadgets?

HAHAHA! You sir made me laugh out loud literally with that response. While I couldn't care less about seals, any post that makes me laugh like that deserves notice. HAH.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    hahaha...
  13.    #13  
    Jon Stewarts ratings don't evencome close to that of any show on FNC at anytime of any day. so, in that respect, his audience is fairly small.
    Nothing against advertising on there, but I'm not sure their audience buys technology in large quantities.

I got this idea while watching Jon Stewart talk about how much he loves Apple (brought out the iPhone, iPad, and iBook and set them on the desk) and how much his viewer base loves Apple; but then talked about how much of a d-bag Steve Jobs was for the Gizmodo incident. Regardless of size, the Comedy Central viewership is going to be heavy with iPad and iPhone users.
    ^ Sorry, that's not true. More Americans trust the Fox News Channel than ANY other network.
    Average (and below) people love having their viewpoints confirmed and detest having their beliefs questioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Monthly
    Link But there's a related point I wanted to emphasize that Stewart didn't mention. In 2004, the National Annenberg Election Survey found that Fox News viewers were the most confused about current events, while viewers of "The Daily Show" were among the best informed news consumers in the country. Comedy Central, relying on data from Nielsen Media Research, also found that Stewart's audience not only knew more about current events, but were far better educated than Bill O'Reilly's audience.

Three years later, the Pew Research Study published a report showing that "viewers of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report have the highest knowledge of national and international affairs, while Fox News viewers rank nearly dead last."

Jon Stewarts ratings don't evencome close to that of any show on FNC at anytime of any day. so, in that respect, his audience is fairly small.
    Thanks. Your post and the quote I provided are probably as good an indicator of the distribution of viewership intellectual capacity as any.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMississippi View Post
    Dear Jon Rubenstein,
    I know you're busy with the whole acquisition thing, but back to what we're about: great phones with a great OS. And if you want to see Apple fall flat on it's face (I know you do) and you're serious about the whole grass-roots marketing plan, Steve Jobs has practically gift-wrapped a golden opportunity for you.

The lost phone and subsequent raid was a huge "Be Evil" moment for Apple. Now is the time to use that extra capital you now have to get that prototype ready ASAP for leakage and get your Gizmodo's and Engadget's tearing that thing apart. And with Jon Stewart comparing Apple to 1984 Big Brother, now is the time to strike at a core segment of the Apple user base and get these guys using your stuff.

I know its tempting to sit on your rears now that you have HP behind ya, but if you snooze, you will still lose.

Sincerely,
    Someone who would also like to look at the prototype
    This wouldn't work. Gizmodo's thing was only huge because it was picked up by other, MUCH bigger news sources. None of them would be interested in Palm's new device prototype. So it'd live/die on gizmodo.