1.    #1  
    I wonder how long HP and Palm were working on this deal behind closed doors?
    Really!
    at least 6 months... and only the board knew... NO ONE ELSE. as they have the most to gain/loose financially.
    I have to say "I told you so" because I have been saying for the past 6 months that Palm would be acquired by a wealthy suitor before mid year and that there was nothing to worry about.

As a long time investor in the technology sector I can tell you with certainty that the annalists are wrong much more often that they are right when it comes to technology companies. Palm is a classic example.

This is why technology companies can be such good investments. The annalists predict wrong and a company becomes undervalued. A technology savvy investor can then make a tidy profit once company's true value is realized.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    at least 6 months... and only the board knew... NO ONE ELSE. as they have the most to gain/loose financially.
    Apparently you knew

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have to say "I told you so" because I have been saying for the past 6 months that Palm would be acquired by a wealthy suitor before mid year and that there was nothing to worry about.

As a long time investor in the technology sector I can tell you with certainty that the annalists are wrong much more often that they are right when it comes to technology companies. Palm is a classic example.

This is why technology companies can be such good investments. The annalists predict wrong and a company becomes undervalued. A technology savvy investor can then make a tidy profit once company's true value is realized.
    Yada Yada Yada. You must of a made a few wrong turns, otherwise why didn't you buy Palm?
    I wonder what all the doomsday predicting analysts ("Palm is worthless") are wondering now - they should be fired for showing Palm in the media in such a poor light.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    As a "long time investor" I would have thought you would know how to spell analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by rc46
    Looks like Palm's "true value" has been realized by HP - Elevation Partners plus a lot of other shareholders are going to miss out on their "tidy profit" it would seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Apparently you knew
    Your an *****.

may wanna re read my post... Never said i did... But i have been in a few smaller publicly traded companies. You see first hand when the CEO is closing his door when it's always open people you've never seen before.. then a few months later boom.. your now a new company.

And guess what.. only the top few guys knew anything. They had to most to gain while keeping it quiet. First rumors came out a while ago... there is usually "some" truth to them.. so i made an educated guess of 6 months. Make sense? or are you to busy calling for Palms death in just about every post you make?

sinsin07 = troll
    Last edited by antonio3; 04/28/2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I wonder what all the doomsday predicting analysts ("Palm is worthless") are wondering now - they should be fired for showing Palm in the media in such a poor light.
    you should take a look at EVERY post sinsin07 has made.... every post has been "iPhone will kill WebOS" lol what a tool.