Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So who here is buying HP stock for the long term to see if goes up like apple? I see a lotof new products coming out with webos. Tablets specifically which I think can better compete with the ipad than the joo joo or others.

I am consiidering buying HP stock.
    great...i bought at 12.35 back in Nov 09. I'll stay bent over till July...Thanks Palm!!
    Palm stocks will increase today by nearly $2.00 a share! - Too bad, mine will never surpass 5.70
    I don't see why...there shouldn't be anything stopping you from dumping your shares into the open market before the acquisition.
    So it looks like i'm only gettin about $103.95 bucks after I bought 195 shares at 5.11 right?
    x/(996.45-9.95) = 5.70/5.11
    5.11x = 5623.05
    x = 1100.40

new 1100.40 - original 996.45 = $103.95 (commision of 9.95 already taken out)

Is this math correct?
    Will sharebuilder automatically withdraw the funds into my money market account?
    don't forget taxes/capital gains, if applicable.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I kind of assumed that the Palm stock would be converted to HP stock. Will this be an option or is a cash payout the only possibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by gab2409 View Post
    I don't see why...there shouldn't be anything stopping you from dumping your shares into the open market before the acquisition.
    Is this possible? Can you do this? If the stock is trading above $5.70 before the deal is finalized, why not sell and get more than HP is offering?
    there has been over 122m shares of volume today. I don't know what the pros and cons are to selling now, other than the possibility that the $5.7 price could change or be rejected by the shareholders (both of which could be a pro or con).
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    So youre saying to roll the dice maybe bc Im gonna get hosed on the call option anyway basically? I have never been through a situation like this with options out of the $.
    Wouldn't exactly say that's rolling the dice. You did that when you bought the option and there's nothing wrong with that. Have to roll the dice if you want to play the game. Dumping it at market open without a plan is like walking away from the table after you rolled the dice and not looking to see how they land.

Really, though, trading options is not a gamble if you know what you are doing. It is a calculated risk, and unfortunately sometimes you lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    So it looks like i'm only gettin about $103.95 bucks after I bought 195 shares at 5.11 right?
    x/(996.45-9.95) = 5.70/5.11
    5.11x = 5623.05
    x = 1100.40

new 1100.40 - original 996.45 = $103.95 (commision of 9.95 already taken out)

Is this math correct?
    Will sharebuilder automatically withdraw the funds into my money market account?
    Close enough. Looks like about a 9.3% return - not bad at all.
    I bought 800 shares at 5.51..... Sold today at 5.80. Figured I'd get out now and not wait till July. I plan on buying 5k in HP in a day or two.

Who here plans on buying HP?
    does anyone know when the investors will actually be paid out? I know the transaction closes today, but is there any administrative delay in executing all of the buy orders for HP?
    ugh I bought shares at 10.15. so I lost about 50% of my buying price total. Will never buy/support Palm again. They let me down
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Will never buy/support Palm again. They let me down
    That should be no problem for you since they won't exist anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    That should be no problem for you since they don't exist anymore.
    There, fixed that for you.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12