Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Two direct benefits of the HP acquisition are better build quality and better customer service.

It will take some time to see the benefits, but they will come.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Two direct benefits of the HP acquisition are better build quality and better customer service.

It will take some time to see the benefits, but they will come.
    concur
    Not if their Ipaq 910 was any indication. And if you have to use HP customer support, pray they keep Palm's intact vs HP's...
    There's two different product lines HP has in computing. Some of their consumer-grade laptops have had not the greatest build quality.

The business-grade stuff though is rock solid.
    Just think of a WebOS smatphone with:
    1ghz or better CPU
    1gb of RAM
    Terga 2
    10MP Camera
    720P 60FPS Video Recording
    Front Camera
    HDMI output
    HD Screen

and NO hardware problems
    This is a good merger. HP is hungry for both the smartphone and tablet market. So they will be committed to making webos work. The best thing I like is that they will compete with blackberry in the business arena. We can now move away from the teen hipsters and there feature phones. Now we will get a business phone that can be used for business.
    Will HP get rid of the Palm name?

When AMC sold the Jeep to Chrysler the Jeep name was kept. Just curious with Palm.

ET
    I'm 100% sure the Palm name is stay. It's to known throughout the world to change it now.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I'm 100% sure the Palm name is stay. It's to known throughout the world to change it now.
    They got rid of the compaq name eventually.
    Their smart phones and laptops have terrible build quality. Why is everybody so happy about this? HTC would have been much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Will HP get rid of the Palm name?

When AMC sold the Jeep to Chrysler the Jeep name was kept. Just curious with Palm.

ET
    I hope they keep the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Their smart phones and laptops have terrible build quality. Why is everybody so happy about this? HTC would have been much better.
    Mostly because HTC would have purchased Palm for its patent portfolio and would have likely discontinued WebOS after the Palm Pre/Pixi. HTC is too heavily invested in Android and the upcoming Windows 7 mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Mostly because HTC would have purchased Palm for its patent portfolio and would have likely discontinued WebOS after the Palm Pre/Pixi. HTC is too heavily invested in Android and the upcoming Windows 7 mobile.
    And HP is heavily invested in Windows Mobile, so whats your point?
    And HP is heavily invested in Windows Mobile, so whats your point?
    I don't see how having two Windows Mobile smartphones can be described in any world as "heavily invested" in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    No they didnt...you can still buy brand new Compaq computers.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    They were both in the computer manufacturing business with competing products - not the case with Palm...
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't see how having two Windows Mobile smartphones can be described in any world as "heavily invested" in it.
    How many devices would they need to produce to be heavily invested? I bet HP will also release Windows 7 Phone devices.

I know its a move Palm had to make, but we should not overlook HPs smartphone past, and their current low quality products (their laptops are terrible).
    and this has what to do with the pre?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I am not happy about this. My ex girlfriend had a hp laptop and it was crap. I mean whoever sells laptops at walmart must have something wrong with them. I feel like this is the end of hope for a pre2 and my palm pre is going to stay with me for a while. HP is a wannabe computer company and their build quality sucks. Sad day for me.
    and their current low quality products (their laptops are terrible).
    And again, they have multiple lines, and their business line of products is a much higher build quality than the consumer line, including in their laptops.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast