Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm very disappointed about how the iPad worked with a keyboard. It was a touch keyboard. One of Palm's biggest focus points was a working strong keyboard that could be finger-typed.

How is this going to work with the future possible tablet now that HP wants to make one for WebOS?
    They could always go the HP TC1100 route, though they haven't made anything in that form factor in years.

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/images/hp_tc1100.jpg
    http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/images/keyboard.gif

As you can see, it has the option of a swivel keyboard to make it into a convertible tablet, but it can be removed whenever necessary to make it into a pure slate.
    I would think they would HP would use a virtual keyboard. I'm sure they will have a USB or Bluetooth keyboard accessory though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    They could always go the HP TC1100 route, though they haven't made anything in that form factor in years.

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/images/hp_tc1100.jpg
    http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/images/keyboard.gif

As you can see, it has the option of a swivel keyboard to make it into a convertible tablet, but it can be removed whenever necessary to make it into a pure slate.
    My dad works for HP and we have one of those. In terms of practical use, it was more than serviceable, and loads better than an on screen keyboard.
  5.    #5  
    jhoff80, Does the tablet slide up from that or is it attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    jhoff80, Does the tablet slide up from that or is it attached?
    It rotates around and flips flat like a laptop, only with the screen up. Or you can detach the keyboard for when you don't need it.

I have one of them as well, and I still use it as my primary note-taking machine.
    tablet touchstone!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    tablet touchstone!
    That thing would be huge
    It wouldn't be a tablet with a keyboard. Hopefully HP takes away they keyboard from the Pre 2 as well. Let the Pixi and its successors have the physical keyboard of the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    It wouldn't be a tablet with a keyboard. Hopefully HP takes away they keyboard from the Pre 2 as well. Let the Pixi and its successors have the physical keyboard of the family.
    I'm still on the fence with the whole "physical keyboard" thing. I wouldn't mind if the Pre2 had a virtual keyboard. Besides, HP said they're going to market Palm phones to consumers instead of corporate users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That thing would be huge
    TWSS
    I'm still on the fence with the whole "physical keyboard" thing. I wouldn't mind if the Pre2 had a virtual keyboard. Besides, HP said they're going to market Palm phones to consumers instead of corporate users.
    Yes. Consumers don't want physical keyboards. Look at the iPhone. For the blackberry consumer they can buy themselves a Pixsis 2 (just got back from the future and HP changes the Pixi's name regrettably), that will hopefully have a spec sheet similar to the Pre 2 but incorporate a keyboard into it.
    I'd prefer choice - a Pre with a hardware and a decent (fast) virtual keyboard aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I'd prefer choice - a Pre with a hardware and a decent (fast) virtual keyboard aswell
    A keyboard adds bulk to an OS that needs that extra room for a bigger battery. WebOS is powerful and needs all the help it can get.
  15. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    How bout bringing back the Foleo! Except with webOS and updated specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    A keyboard adds bulk to an OS that needs that extra room for a bigger battery. WebOS is powerful and needs all the help it can get.
    I love physical keyboards, but I think it's time to move on... Someday there wil be no such thing as a traditional hardware keyboard lol

As long as the screen is big enough to fit a VK nicely, I think it's a good idea.
    Why would you want a physical keyboard on a tablet? why not just get a netbook or laptop at that point? Of which there are tablet edition pc's that fill this role.

A webos tablet should be light and thin like the ipad. Heck it should be just like the ipad since they've nailed the size and feel. Just have it run webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    Why would you want a physical keyboard on a tablet? why not just get a netbook or laptop at that point? Of which there are tablet edition pc's that fill this role.

A webos tablet should be light and thin like the ipad. Heck it should be just like the ipad since they've nailed the size and feel. Just have it run webos.
    Exactly.

I believe HP said they want WebOS on Netbooks too
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    There are just some things that you can't do well without a keyboard. Are you going to write out long emails or business documents on the iPad with an onscreen keyboard, or are you going to use a bluetooth one / the keyboard dock?

If it's the former, I hope you're able to deal with the carpal tunnel later in life.
    I love physical keyboards, but I think it's time to move on... Someday there wil be no such thing as a traditional hardware keyboard lol

As long as the screen is big enough to fit a VK nicely, I think it's a good idea.
    Until virtual keyboards provide tactile responses, we touchtypers do *much* better with physical keyboards. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast