Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is what comes to my mind.

Bluetooth keyboard accesories that can detect whether they are attached or detached(as in touchstone technology)from the tablet or phone and behave accordingly.

When attached (by magnet) the bluetooth is disabled and the info is passed through the touchstone connection but when detached, bluetooth is enabled and the keyboard can be used wirelessly. Just my two cents guys.
    Last edited by ibrakhalid; 05/01/2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: oops mispelled a word
    I do not want a pre 2 without a keyboard. They an make a slate for those who want it. But I think having more keyboard devices is important. People buy blackberries for their keyboards. Most people buy iphone cus it's cool and has apps, not the keyboard. Most dumbphones now have keyboards. People want a easier way to text and write, and while a virtual keyboard may be preferred by some, making it the primary source of keyboards is not a smart move. It runs along the same lines as apple having one carrier. It limits choice. Palm needs high ended devices in both virtual and physical form, and on physical form, there needs to be a virtual keyboard as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    Why would you want a physical keyboard on a tablet? why not just get a netbook or laptop at that point? Of which there are tablet edition pc's that fill this role.

A webos tablet should be light and thin like the ipad. Heck it should be just like the ipad since they've nailed the size and feel. Just have it run webos.
    IMHO, typing on the iPad's virtual keyboard sucks big time. Now if someone could make a BT keyboard that doubles as a clip on screen cover for it or HP's future tablet, I'd consider buying one.
    Anyway you put it, a physical keyboard on a tablet just wouldn't feel right to me.
    This is hp! everyone can relax, cause sooner or later you are going to see one with every feature you want. I just hope they include styluses in all of them ,so devs like adobe are encouraged to port their product.
    No damn keyboard. Rather have bluetooth one available like the apple bluetooth.
    I also have a blue tooth small foldable keyboard from only palm days, that was cool.
    Now that HP is in the picture... what about this, in a slimmer form and runs webOS?

HP Compaq Tablet PC TC1100 - North America/U.S. QuickSpecs

EDIT: didn't see someone mentioned it on page 1 already... lol
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I guess my question with the idea of a webOS tablet would be, what would they do about orientation. I own an iPad and one of the things that's nice about it is most apps run well no matter how i hold it, this is made easy by the lack of a gesture area.

I love the idea of a webOS tablet but having one gesture area would lock you into one orientation most of the time, and having multiple areas for gestures would add bulk or lead to the device confusing inputs. And I am one of those who thinks that under no circumstances should any tablet device have a physical keyboard, they're unnecessary weight and just one more thing that can break.
    a dual boot netbook?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The future of HPalm devices really should be:

1) A Tablet with virtual keyboard and bluetooth physical keyboard
    2) A netbook/Swivel screen device with physical keyboard
    2) The Pre 2 with physical slider
    3) Pixi 2 candy bar with Physical keyboard
    4) A Slate phone with larger HD screen and virtual keyboard.
    5) A washing machine that can multitask.
    washing machine all the way
    that's a great idea!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd only accept a virtual keyboard if they include swipe technology, that way I can type with one and hold it with the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I'd only accept a virtual keyboard if they include swipe technology, that way I can type with one and hold it with the other.
    Word.

Hey old farts get with the times, virtual keyboard's the future.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    How about a "projecting" keyboard? Equip the pad with a projector and when you need keyboard you put the device on a table & it will project a keyboard to a table / flat surface. There was a demo device like that a couple of years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    How about a "projecting" keyboard? Equip the pad with a projector and when you need keyboard you put the device on a table & it will project a keyboard to a table / flat surface. There was a demo device like that a couple of years ago.
    That always seemed like a bad idea for a couple reasons...

Perhaps swype w/ projecting keyboard technology might be feasible, tho??
    simple answer...a dockable keyboatd like the ipad. Just make it foldable so you can actually take it with you. The ipad keyboard dock is great...when ur at home. It's not really an option for traveling bcuz of it's odd shape. So make it foldable and the problem is solved. Bluetooth keyboards would work, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Then I'm downgrading to a dumbphone.

Unless of course they bring back Graffiti 1.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I'm sixteen, but I want my keyboard. I've got to be able to type while talking to other people and walking around. It's also easier on the hands when i have to type paragraphs and paragraphs.
    I used to think virtual keyboards were better but I don't think I can aver go back to one. There is nothing like a physical keyboard that you can "feel" the click and tell one button from another.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast