1.    #1  
    wow,

I was impressed by the released specs and standalone photos of the new kyocera device, until i watched the video on treocentral. that thing is HUGE! the thickness of it alone makes it impossible to ever be used as a "pocket"-type phone, which is my preference. phones on belt clips are just TOO dorky. that's one of the reasons i like the treo, it fits comfortably into my front pants pocket.

all of the serious thoughts i had about cross-upgrading to the kyocera upon its release just went out the window.

i'm happy it's here, because hopefully it'll get handspring to upgrade the screen to 16-bit and/or introduce a sd slot (WITH sdio).

the mp3 part i can do without because, IMO, the small amount of mp3s you can even fit on a 128 mb sd/mmc card is just too small. i'm definitely an iPod person.

now bring on the gprs/3g cdma access with reasonable data rates.
    To break it down even further:

Kyocera compared to Treo:

- length: 5.5% smaller
    - width: 13.2% smaller
    - height (thickness): 30% larger

overall: Kyocera is 17% larger by volume.
    Not to nit-pick, but the treo 270 is .825 inches thick and the Kyocera is 1.17 inches thick, or a full 42% thicker! I couldn't imagine nearly a treo and half in my pocket.
    Wow, I could almost have a Kyocera just by taking my Prism back from my son, and switching my 270 SIM back to my Visorphone. I think the Prism/VP might even be a tad smaller. i think they call this Back to the Future!

Ball Coach

stickin with the 270 which so far has been almost all i had hoped for.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Not to nit-pick, but the treo 270 is .825 inches thick and the Kyocera is 1.17 inches thick, or a full 42% thicker!
    Actually, you are nit-picking But you are definitely right, my bad on the math. Good call...
    Now is the challange to Handspring. Give us the Treo 360 in the same form factor as Treo 270, but with SD, 16bit color, and MP3. May I dream for more?
    Originally posted by NetMetro
    Now is the challange to Handspring. Give us the Treo 360 in the same form factor as Treo 270, but with SD, 16bit color, and MP3. May I dream for more?
    Free upgrade from 180 or 270 within 2 years of original purchase.

I'm sorry -- I've been drinking! (Oh to be in New Orleans "on business")
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Originally posted by NetMetro
    we don't need no stinking mp3 player.

I would rather have a hi res (320 x 32) screen viewable in daylight without turning the device into a monocrom device.

sd slot would be great too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.