1.    #1  
    A friend of mine read an article (can't remember if it was the Globe and Mail in Canada, or something he read on the internet) that stated that RIM the makers of Blackberry is the only company to show serious interest in buying out Palm. The PIM functions of Blackberry with the OS of WebOS.. man that would be sweet. It would bring RIM into the realm of business AND gaming.
    I like the concept, but it's not gonna happen - first off, BlackBerry has just released plans for . Second, the BlackBerry OS is designed to be snappy (when I say snappy I mean you click the button and the app is loaded *immediately*, no wait time whatsoever) - WebOS unfortunately can't demonstrate this kind of performance.

We can still dream of BlackBerry hardware with WebOS though
    well i wouldnt say all that, the new blackberry OS is still based off of the elder OS so yes it will be snappy still, they did not start from scratch like Palm did. The web os is still a new born and is already pretty snappy not having been around a year yet. Also Blackberry is not interested in Palm like stated above they have plans to proceed with there own. By all means the Blackberry OS 6 still isnt a Web OS, and still could not compete with a incomplete Web OS in even 1.4.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    A friend of mine read an article (can't remember if it was the Globe and Mail in Canada, or something he read on the internet) that stated that RIM the makers of Blackberry is the only company to show serious interest in buying out Palm. The PIM functions of Blackberry with the OS of WebOS.. man that would be sweet. It would bring RIM into the realm of business AND gaming.
    Probably NYT of a month ago, when this discussion ran it's course.