Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When I saw that last night, I immediately wondered what it was. It doesn't look like a Pre or Pixi, but there doesn't seem to be a hardware keyboard. Weird!
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    holy crap i think that is the c40, guys try zooming in on the pic and it says palm between the guys fingers
    no no, your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    holy crap i think that is the c40, guys try zooming in on the pic, enhance, enhance, enhance, and it says palm between the guys fingers
    There, much more believable.
    OMG! You are

Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    OMG!!! It is not a slab! look at the pic...Unless the phone is pretty much broken in half. The top and bottom do not line up at all. Please someone confirm so I am not thinking I am crazy...lol
    Wow, There are alot of people without jobs.
    never seen so many omg for such an ugly candy bar phone. If this is what I'm waiting on from palm it's sad. With the evo price leaked at $199 bye bye palm. To go from a river stone to a candy bar that's a big step down
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    When I saw that last night, I immediately wondered what it was. It doesn't look like a Pre or Pixi, but there doesn't seem to be a hardware keyboard. Weird!
    Exactly. Which is why I believe this really could be a new slab. Hopefully more leaks will be forthcoming soon.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post
    Exactly. Which is why I believe this really could be a new slab. Hopefully more leaks will be forthcoming soon.
    Why would they sneak in their next device into a show filmed months ago - you want media tie-ins and product placements to occur around the launch of the product.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Gad, I wish there was a way to hide lame threads like this.
    when ppl want something so bad they lose there minds and don't have common sense.. This was filmed months ago ppl ..THINK

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Why would they sneak in their next device into a show filmed months ago - you want media tie-ins and product placements to occur around the launch of the product.
    I think that some of you are just huge buzzkills. You probably like to tell little kids there's no Santa Claus. Well, I for one just want to believe.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This is why I think it may be a new phone.... Palm had planned on announcing a new handset -- sent over a prototype/dummy phone to the producers of 24 and arranged to have it placed in this episode. Then -- their dates were pushed back/delayed and but the episode was already in the can.

What other explanation makes sense? It's not like the producers of 24 (or their ad execs) would let the props department make an entirely new phone from scratch and then put the palm logo on it.... Unless it's a PRO?
    this definitely looks like the Treo Pro to me. When did it appear in the episode?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    there's no Santa Claus.

There's no Santa Claus?!??!?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    My opinion:

Freddy forgot that he had a Bluetooth headset on and put the Treo to his ear anyway. Doh! Did anyone actually see the episode and noticed a bluetooth headset? I don't watch much TV anymore.

Is the show known for crappy editing?

The lines do NOT line-up, I'll agree with that.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    This is why I think it may be a new phone.... Palm had planned on announcing a new handset -- sent over a prototype/dummy phone to the producers of 24 and arranged to have it placed in this episode. Then -- their dates were pushed back/delayed and but the episode was already in the can.

What other explanation makes sense? It's not like the producers of 24 (or their ad execs) would let the props department make an entirely new phone from scratch and then put the palm logo on it.... Unless it's a PRO?
    But the point of product placement is that people get a good shot of the product you are trying to place. A blurry shot of the back is not that...
    Looks like the Treo Pro to me. I don't know for sure but I don't think its a Pre, it doesn't curve around the face. My open Pre comes a lot further down the face than this one does. The bottom port seems to line up with the Treo Pro. That's my vote. Why doesn't someone put up a poll. Pre, Treo Pro, or C40?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I think you guys are forgetting something here... This is a TV show...TV shows have props... props can be branded for product recognition to the viewers of the show.

Props =/= actual devices
    ok I dont know what this is but its not a treo pro for fact I had one for a year and not only is this phone longer the ports do not lay the same. So whatever it is people please its not a treo pro.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123