1.    #1  
    Been listening to some podcasts about the iPad and they seem to be embracing the concept of carrying a third device...

would always want to **** in and remind them of how they mocked the Foleo, how it is another 3rd thing to carry around, how its not a PDA and not a laptop??

Jeff Hawkins was clearly ahead of the times when he envisioned this thing. I have no doubt that if the FOleo came about, it would EVOLVE to an iPad Killer.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Been listening to some podcasts about the iPad and they seem to be embracing the concept of carrying a third device...

would always want to **** in and remind them of how they mocked the Foleo, how it is another 3rd thing to carry around, how its not a PDA and not a laptop??

Jeff Hawkins was clearly ahead of the times when he envisioned this thing. I have no doubt that if the FOleo came about, it would EVOLVE to an iPad Killer.

I have no doubt that if the Foleo was released, it would've been a hit and the kickstart that Palm needed... BUT not in its planned form..

It was far too weak in terms of processing capability and functionality. The fact that it was designed to be tethered to a Treo smartphone was the biggest problem.. and possibly why it was smashed by the media and the public.. The RedFly Smartphone companion was successful as it wasn't limited to just Treos.

I know you say EVOLVE to be an ipad killer, but the first gen version of this product would've likely been snubbed at launch, which would've hurt the company financially.

You can't compare it to the ipad, because at launch, it already is as powerful and functional as the ipod touch .. big difference.

STILL, I don't understand why they canned the Foleo completely.

Had they just bumped up the specs and added compatibility with Palm OS apps, and made it able to run not as a smartphone companion but as an independent device, then it would have been a pioneering netbook, and would've sold like hotcakes..
    I dream of a Foleo/netbook-like device, running WebOS, with tethering to my Pre, and a PixelQi screen.

*snaps fingers* Make it so, Uncle Ruby.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
  4.    #4  
    hmmm i wonder how Jeff Hawkins feels about the "merger"? WIll we see a WebOS netbook??