Palm Restructuring May Oust CEO - PCWorld
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Lol obviously they are misinformed
    nothing to do with the pre... this should be in the off topic forum
    He is a GOD (sorta)
    isnt it Rubinstein not Rubenstein?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Yes, it's RubInstein. Haha, that article is so full of misinformation... like the guy says Palm doesn't have any marketable product. Really? The picture of whatever old-time phone that is really makes it for me.

The best part is, a lot of people will probably read that article and say to themselves "Thought so. Lost cause. That Paul Rubenstein character really came from nowhere - no credentials whatsoever - and now he's trying to push a 10-year-old PalmOS? No, I'd rather buy a phone from Steve Jobs, the man who invented the iPod!"
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yes, it's RubInstein. Haha, that article is so full of misinformation... like the guy says Palm doesn't have any marketable product. Really?
    What does Palm have that people want to buy?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    pre, pixi, touchstone!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler3_o View Post
    pre, pixi, touchstone!
    How's that working out for them?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    How's that working out for them?
    the products or the advertising?
  11.    #11  

CEO: "Get me the marketing department! Marketing? Nappy doesn't know that he wants what we've got. Sales show he's not the only one. And have the media get my name right!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysurfer View Post
    CEO: "Get me the marketing department! Marketing? Nappy doesn't know that he wants what we've got. Sales show he's not the only one. And have the media get my name right!"
    And get some marketable products whipped up while you're at it!
    And get some marketable products whipped up while you're at it!
    They have products. They can be sold. Hence they are marketable.

What you want to say is "and go sell some Android phones, and maybe iPhones too because nobody wants to buy a phone from a company that everybody says is dying. So, since nobody buys their phones, they're dying. Because a well-researched online article said so. An online article misspelling the CEO's last name and completely missing his first name."
    Actually what I'm saying is "they don't have products that are compelling enough to sell to people in a space where Apple, RIM, and Google all offer more robust mobile experiences."

Unless you really like cards or something.
    PAUL Rubenstein is to "Ruby" what bizarro is to superman...DUH
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 04/25/2010 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    nothing to do with the pre... this should be in the off topic forum
    What brennan said. Mods, please move to Palm, Off Topic or other appropriate forum.
    @nappy, why are my loving my pre so much more than any of the others then?
    Actually what I'm saying is "they don't have products that are compelling enough to sell to people in a space where Apple, RIM, and Google all offer more robust mobile experiences."

Unless you really like cards or something.
    Unless you really like Apple, RIM and Google as companies and can relate to them in a personal fashion, what you mean is "Palm don't have good marketing at all, and are finding it hard to show people what sets their devices apart and what their virtues are" - a statement which I find easy to agree with. But "having no aptitute at marketing their products and having no charismatic CEO" and "having no marketable products" are two different things.

"Robust" has become a meaningless industry buzzword - meaningless not because the word has no inherent meaning, but meaningless because it is mostly used in a fashion where it either carries no meaning in the context OR carries wildly different meanings every time it's used. So we are leveraging our synergies to robustly empower our mindshare. Try using another word - what does webOS lack? Is it Voice Activation (which your 1975 RAZR could do! And you had no use for it even then, but it's ROBUST!)

If you actually meant robust as in the english word "robust", before it was used by PRPRPR $people$, $then$ $yes$ - $Palm$ $does$ $not$ $evince$ $any$ $strength$ $or$ $power$. $And$ $why$? $Because$ $when$ $Pre$ $came$ $out$, $every$ $review$ $said$ &$quot$;$it$'$s$ $a$ $great$ $phone$, $but$ $don$'$t$ $buy$ $it$ $because$ $there$'$s$ $a$ $chance$ $it$ $might$ $fail$&$quot$;. $So$ $nobody$ $bought$ $it$, $and$ $it$ $might$ $fail$. $We$ $call$ $this$ $a$ $self$-$fulfilling$ $prophecy$. $You$ $can$ $be$ $smug$ $about$ $it$, $go$ $ahead$ $if$ $you$ $want$. $I$ $just$ $find$ $it$ $sad$ $that$ $a$ $platform$ $as$ $promising$, $user$-$friendly$, $developer$-$friendly$ $and$ $all$-$around$ $awesome$ $as$ $webOS$ $has$ $to$ $fail$ $because$ $a$) $prophecies$ $of$ $its$ $failure$ $fulfill$ $themselves$ $and$ $b$) $because$ $some$ $people$ $seem$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $kick$ $out$ $of$ &$quot$;$their$ $team$&$quot$; $winning$ $and$ &$quot$;$the$ $other$ $team$&$quot$; $losing$, $as$ $if$ $a$ $market$ $was$ $a$ $football$ $league$.

As to myself, I can't bring myself to really care whether Palm lives or dies - this is my first Palm device, and I had absolutely zero interest in the company before webOS. I just want webOS to stick around because in all of my time on this rock, I have not found a single computer operating system, stationary or mobile, that I've liked better. I go back to MS-DOS 4 and have used every single Windows version from 3.1 through 7, OSX, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Symbian, WinMo5, WinMo6, iPhone and Android - just off the top of my head. But the webOS interface, and just plain "way of doing things", if you know what I mean, are maybe not perfect, but so close it scares me. If I could use webOS on every computer I own, I would, and wouldn't look back. Try to be honest to yourself. If you had the chance to choose between a device running Apple webOS or a crummy Palm iPhone - exactly the same operating systems, just different companies selling them - which would you choose? Not the crummy one that's just a launcher, I'd wager.

My only hope at this point is that, once Palm actually fails, some other company with enough money to advertise and a big / cool enough name to succeed will pick webOS up so I can continue using it.

<edit> Jesus. What a rant. Off to weigh myself, bet I've lost a few pounds.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 04/25/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Paul is the red headed stepchild of Jon