1.    #1  
    Here's a very annoying problem that I have all the time that I am so used to I just realized it hasn't been mentioned here.

Almost every time I try to make a phone call, no matter which screen I dial from, it goes to the "dialing" screen as expected. But after a few seconds it just switches back to the speed dial screen. No error, no beep, and it logs a call of zero seconds. This often happens several times before the call goes through without a problem. I have full signal strength. Many times I forget to look and like an ***** sit there with the treo to my ear waiting to hear dialing and finally look down and it's just at the speed dial screen. VERY annoying. If you look at my call history, most calls are repeated 4-5 times (all zero duration till the one that worked). I've always had this problem.

I'm not sure if it's voicestream or a bug in the treo. Knowing their trackrecords I don't know which to blame it on. But regardless, a phone should beep and display an error when a call doesn't go through!

Does anyone else experience this? Should I call up HS or VS about it?
    I may have seen this behavior a few times out of hundreds of calls - but certainly not frequently...

Paul
    That happens to me a bit, not all the time. My impressions are that it is caused by a full cell. Does the problem go away if you drive a few miles down the road? I'd call Voicestream first, if you feel you have to call someone.
  4.    #4  
    My guess is it's a full tower or something as well. It's just BS that it's not smart enough to use a different, I probably can see 20 cell towers line-of-sight from my apartment. And no I can't drive down the road, I almost always use it from home.

I got a new one today, I heard this high-pitched tone in my car that I thought was my radio or something, after driving an hour and searching the car for it, I finally realized my treo had crashed with a constant soft tone! At least it didn't run down the battery. But ARGH it's annoying having a cell phone with bugs and crashes. You would think Microsoft made it!
    My guess is it's a full tower or something as well. It's just BS that it's not smart enough to use a different, I probably can see 20 cell towers line-of-sight from my apartment.
    My understanding is that it doesn't matter how many cell towers you can see, you can only be in one cell at a time. Moreover, Voicestream doesn't have the greatest coverage so I'd bet those towers don't all have VS equipment on them!
  6.    #6  
    Modern cell phones are "in touch" with I believe up to 6 towers at once, of course your main communication is on one, but this allows it to instantly switch between them, and choose the one with the strongest power or the least usage.

I got another freeze with the high-pitched tone today, immediately after receiving an SMS.