1.    #1  
    *mods feel free to move this thread*

Palm in major shakeup? Rubinstein possibly out | Electronista

Palm is in the middle of a major corporate shuffle that could see its CEO Jon Rubinstein out, a major rumor argued this evening. The new structure and any other departures weren't mentioned by the TechCrunch source, but the move itself would invariably be a reaction to dropping smartphone sales. Palm hasn't had an opportunity to respond.

The rumors would be indirectly supported by SEC filings that showed Palm paying $250,000 bonuses to keep certain executives onboard. Carrier marketing VP Caitlin Spaan is already rumored to be leaving.

Rubinstein was brought on to Palm in 2007 to help advise the company on its strategy, particularly on the hardware side. He has regularly been credited with using his experience at Apple to simplify Palm's lineup and give it a more iconic design language that first showed up in the Centro and Treo Pro. Many engineers hired at Palm in Rubinstein's presence have been former Apple developers, and much of the company's marketing strategy has also reflected the influence.

Some of this reengineering has resulted in favorable reviews for webOS devices but seldom translated into sales, in part because of Palm's launch strategy. The Palm Pre arrived just days before the unveiling of the iPhone 3GS and was made a Sprint exclusive for several months in 2009, pushing a Verizon expansion to after the Droid launch and likely costing valuable early adopter sales.
    "Ruby" already tweeted that this rumor was false
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I hope it is fake... the problem is this story is starting to make its rounds though the net and it can cause problems for Palm...
    If ruby leaves now Palm is finished!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    X4! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

"Ruby" can do no wrong and deserves to keep his job.
    Mods, please move this to a more appropriate Forum e.g. Palm General Chat Forum. Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    Mods, please move this to a more appropriate Forum e.g. Palm General Chat Forum. Thanks!
    I wasn't sure what subforum this should be in... that is why I posted "*mods feel free to move this thread*"

Maybe you missed that part of my post?
    Don't feel bad he's been going on every thread I've checked out tonight saying it should be moved
  10.    #10  
    Don't feel bad he's been going on every thread I've checked out tonight saying it should be moved

I'm not feeling bad.. sometimes people just want to feel important i guess.

I just tried to make it very clear that I have no issue of my thread being moved to the appropriate place

But I thought this is something that may need to be known.. rumor or not. We're all in the same boat as webOS lovers, and I think we should all know exactly what is happening in the world of Palm
    well is anyone sad that anyone who had anythibg to do with that horriblr marketing is fired.
    in a few days we'll see if this rumour is true or not......

either way its a sinking ship right now
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post

either way its a sinking ship right now
    You're such an optimist
    what's rubys twitter?? That's someone I would like to get status updates from.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    what's rubys twitter?? That's someone I would like to get status updates from.
    jrruby
    Rubenstein is PALM for now, he leaves and they have to reorganize again they are done. Just sell while you can still get a billion for Palm.
    jrruby
    That account only has two posts, both from last year
    just remember that the most recent executive to leave was the VP of Carrier Marketing. I think that we all agree that Palm and the Carriers have done a HORRIBLE job of marketing to the public, each other, etc. Anyone associated with Marketing at Palm should have already been thrown out, in my humble opinion.

I also think their PRPRPR $people$ $should$ $be$ $shaken$ $up$ $until$ $they$ $learn$ $to$ $be$ $more$ $open$ $about$ $telling$ $their$ $customers$ $what$ $is$ $happening$. $I$'$m$ $not$ $talking$ $about$ $pre$-$announcing$ $future$ $products$ ($although$ $Microsoft$ $turned$ $that$ $into$ $an$ $art$ $form$). $I$'$m$ $talking$ $about$ $simple$ $stuff$ $like$ $acknowledging$ $bugs$ $and$ $what$ $is$ $being$ $done$ $to$ $resolve$ $them$.

It's a common courtesy to say "thins is a known bug, it will be addressed in the next release, or a future release, etc). That keeps people from believing the worst and filling in gaps with silly rumors, panic, or anger.

my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    Rubenstein is PALM for now, he leaves and they have to reorganize again they are done.

i agree with this. i think ELevation invested in palm only if Ruby headed it. once Ruby leaves its really goodbye palm.

btw... is Ruby really his nickname or did we all just come up with that?