Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm seems in really bad shape if you believe all this. Either that or they have new executives lined up somewhere.

Another Palm exec is out... and CEO Jon Rubinstein is next? -- Engadget

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/23/pal...t-to-take-off/

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/23/palm-shake-up/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    yes, but she waas the VP of carrier marketing. We all know that the marketing done by verizon was horrible. Who to blame? Vp of carrier marketing. Good riddence
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Palm seems in really bad shape if you believe all this. Either that or they have new executives lined up somewhere.

Another Palm exec is out... and CEO Jon Rubinstein is next? -- Engadget

Palm Post: Another Exec Set To Take Off

Palm Shake-Up Imminent, Rubinstein May Be Out
    Naw... They just making room for better and more creative people that's all. Don't worry palm ain't going anywhere. lol
  4.    #4  
    But I'm thinking with all these top people leaving, who will replace them? Is there someone waiting in the wings? Palm will be a shell without executives!! This will deter people even more from buying a Pre if they think Palm really is going out of business.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    But I'm thinking with all these top people leaving, who will replace them? Is there someone waiting in the wings? Palm will be a shell without executives!! This will deter people even more from buying a Pre if they think Palm really is going out of business.
    That's true but lets think positive here for a minute. Has palm declared defeat? No! I say lets wait for the fat lady to sing. (lol)
    this is the dumbest thing I have heard all day. Typical media, if you can't get the news, just make it up.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    This makes 3
  8.    #8  
    Seems confirmed for Caitlin Spaan. Rubinstein says he's still around. But when you see all these people leaving, it does make you wonder who's next.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    this is the dumbest thing I have heard all day. Typical media, if you can't get the news, just make it up.

The media builds you and also break you.... lets all stay strong for palm. God knows they need our strength right now.
    I hate to spin this positively, but wouldn't you consider departures from the marketing department to be a "blessing in disguise"?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I hate to spin this positively, but wouldn't you consider departures from the marketing department to be a "blessing in disguise"?
    Maybe... lol let's watch for the next media outbreak!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's true but lets think positive here for a minute. Has palm declared defeat? No! I say lets wait for the fat lady to sing. (lol)
    What I'm trying to say is the public perception seems to be Palm is almost finished. Top people leaving and rumors of top people leaving aren't helping. Replacements are needed SOON, IMO. Because no matter what Palm comes up with, if people think they can't eventually get support for their phone, they will look elsewhere.

Even if it's not exactly true, too many reports of Palm's doom have been posted in the last month or so. People tend not to believe someone who keeps saying "just hang in there, we're fine"(Rubinstein) after a while, if they keep hitting all these snags.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I'd have said that a year ago, yes. Now it just looks like everyone is leaving a perceived sinkng ship. Maybe Palm is reorganizing again, but this just adds fuel to the "Palm is finished" fire.

What I'm trying to say is the public perception seems to be Palm is almost finished. Top people leaving and rumors of top people leaving aren't helping. Replacements are needed SOON, IMO. Because no matter what Palm comes up with, if people think they can't eventually get support for their phone, they will look elsewhere.

Even if it's not exactly true, too many reports of Palm's doom have been posted in the last month or so. People tend not to believe someone who keeps saying "just hang in there, we're fine"(Rubinstein) after a while, if they keep hitting all these snags.
    You're absolutely right.. maybe I'm just praying and hoping all this would somehow turn out good for palm. I really love my pre.
    I'd have said that a year ago, yes. Now it just looks like everyone is leaving a perceived sinkng ship. Maybe Palm is reorganizing again, but this just adds fuel to the "Palm is finished" fire.
    2 people have left recently. That's a couple. Not "all". One left for a very nice promotion at one of the fastest growing social sites in the country. How did you get everyone is leaving a sinking ship, outta 2 people leaving?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, but she waas the VP of carrier marketing. We all know that the marketing done by verizon was horrible. Who to blame? Vp of carrier marketing. Good riddence
    Couldn't agree more! get that laggard out of there!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    2 people have left recently. That's a couple. Not "all". One left for a very nice promotion at one of the fastest growing social sites in the country. How did you get everyone is leaving a sinking ship, outta 2 people leaving?
    Because of the high profile nature of the execs who left, I guess. It looks awful when the VP of WebOS development and the person responsible for getting the phone on carriers both leave. Not to mention the CFO having to be bribed to stay...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Right when the company starts getting the "doom" label from everywhere(even mainstream), people start leaving. You tell me why I think people are leaving a sinking ship. Ok, maybe it isn't all the executives, but if someone else leaves yet again, that won't help me stop wondering what's up.

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Because of the high profile nature of the execs who left, I guess. It looks awful when the VP of WebOS development and the person responsible for getting the phone on carriers both leave. Not to mention the CFO having to be bribed to stay...
    I remember seeing that. I guess the CFO was thinking of leaving too?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/16/p...ers-including/

Yeah looks like 2 more maybe, if they hadn't been offered stock and cash.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/23/2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added link.

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    This makes 3
    What # did you have in my pool? lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast