1.    #1  
    right,

I am new to palm.......I have had the iphone from the first to the 3gs, i have had the latest windows mobiles and the latest android mobiles even inported the nexus one.

None, yes that's correct, none has matched the user experience of the palm pre that i bought from ebay (unopened upgrade).

I cannot understand why this device has not sold? Why does o2 appear to be the only supporter in the uk, why does it not get the coverage it so deserves?

I am stunned, i like the shape the feel in the hand, even the keyboard is fine. I admit i was surprised that i liked it so much.........and that is the problem, you don't expect to like it, you don't expect to like the os because, well, it's not publicised.

Now i hear that palm is or will be no more.....it's a shame..... but would i upgrade to the palm pre plus if it came to the uk. Too right i would!

Palm, your publicity team has done a poor job, your phone is great, your os is good.......but clearly something went wrong...
    Welcome to Precentral mate. Palm haven't thrown in the towel yet, the are still considering remaining an independant company

Glad you like the phone so much - I can't understand why it hasn't sold either. People in the UK are just obsessed with Apple at the moment. HTC is slowly turning the tables with their Android phones, but WebOS hasn't had a look in. Luckily it is more popular in Germany and in the US. (Don't know how it's doing in Canada).

Anyway enjoy the phone - when you're more comfortable with it, browse around the forums and install some of the homebrew stuff we've got. You'll love it I promise.
  3.    #3  
    homebrew?.........................i have some of that under the stairs....ah...software. lol
    Well, It is always good to have fresh "faces" around here, it is good to see the excitement about the phone. It is a great little device, have had mine since the original US launch, 060609. I haven't looked back, the phone just keeps getting better!!

A big thank you to our development community, they are awesome!! They are what makes webOS great!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I am a long time palm user mostly all PDAs.. and then my Treo 755p. I was going to give up on palm. but decided to give the Palm Pre Plus a try.. I am glad I did.. It Rocks!!!
  6.    #6  
    HMMM. i have downloaded the webosquickinstall but how do you open it with java? it opens with winrar and when i choose a different option, java is'nt one of them?
    I recommend 800 mhz plus faster card animation patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I recommend 800 mhz plus faster card animation patches.
    I have the Hyper version, really makes the user experience so much better.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonuk View Post
    HMMM. i have downloaded the webosquickinstall but how do you open it with java? it opens with winrar and when i choose a different option, java is'nt one of them?
    Do you have the java runtime installed? You should be able to just double click it and it should then run. If not, check your Java installation.