Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work as a rep for Bell. Earlier this week, a Palm rep visited my store (while I wasn't at work) and said we should be expecting a new HSPA device from Palm. He couldn't say more, so we don't know if it will be a Palm Pre+ or a whole new phone. We don't know when either, but by the looks of it, Bell is getting rid of their Palm Pre inventories to make room for it. And they are being pretty aggressive in both phone pricing and plan pricing for new clients. I hope it comes out sooner than later, at least before the new iPhone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallynice View Post
    I work as a rep for Bell. Earlier this week, a Palm rep visited my store (while I wasn't at work) and said we should be expecting a new HSPA device from Palm. He couldn't say more, so we don't know if it will be a Palm Pre+ or a whole new phone. We don't know when either, but by the looks of it, Bell is getting rid of their Palm Pre inventories to make room for it. And they are being pretty aggressive in both phone pricing and plan pricing for new clients. I hope it comes out sooner than later, at least before the new iPhone...
    SERIOUSLY!

It's about time. Gah
    I've been waiting forever lol
    Hopefully it's soon
    If you go to the Bell site for the Pre, it is now listed at $299 with no contract (regular $599)
    $0 for 2 years
    $99 for one year
    Last edited by kjb86; 04/22/2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: more pricing
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    If you go to the Bell site for the Pre, it is now listed at $299 with no contract (regular $599)
    $0 for 2 years
    $99 for one year
    Yep since April 20th!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallynice View Post
    Yep since April 20th!
    Sooooooooooooooooo tempting but if they're offering the plus on GSM i'll have to wait....
    Damn 99 bucks for one year.. thats awesome.
    I want to go back to the store for price protection...

If I can get my contract dropped from 3 to 2...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Aw crap, I haven't even had mine for a week. How does Bell handle RMA's?? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    Aw crap, I haven't even had mine for a week. How does Bell handle RMA's?? lol
    Since you're within 15 days, just return it to the store and buy it again. Assuming you haven't talked for more than 30 mins of course.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Since you're within 15 days, just return it to the store and buy it again. Assuming you haven't talked for more than 30 mins of course.
    It certainly is tempting that's for sure

How does Bells hardware upgrade program work?
  11. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Don't know if that will work considering I am on contract now. I did not by the phone outright. I'd need to wait until they liquidate the pre and fry the proc or something.
    Don't know if that will work considering I am on contract now. I did not by the phone outright. I'd need to wait until they liquidate the pre and fry the proc or something.
    lol it does work

if you're within 30 days, 30 minutes of use on your phone you can return your device at all times no questions asked
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    It certainly is tempting that's for sure

How does Bells hardware upgrade program work?
    HUP you have to check with Bell reps, I'm a n00b on Bell.

I wish i could switch go GSM. But i still go to sask quite often. not much GSM coverage yet.
    I paid 200,and got a 3 year contract in august. An I called them to see when I could get a hardware discount, they said december 2011 (which is 2 years and 4 months after I got my contract). And they are offering only 100 bucks off the full price. So the c40 will prob cost me 500 dollars. I also don't want to wait that long, but if I could sell my phone for a 100, and maybe get a used 400 dollar one? I dunno, but bell going gsm couldn't have happened at a worst time for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I paid 200,and got a 3 year contract in august. An I called them to see when I could get a hardware discount, they said december 2011 (which is 2 years and 4 months after I got my contract). And they are offering only 100 bucks off the full price. So the c40 will prob cost me 500 dollars. I also don't want to wait that long, but if I could sell my phone for a 100, and maybe get a used 400 dollar one? I dunno, but bell going gsm couldn't have happened at a worst time for me.
    Not just for you, for Palm as well. I would've switched last year if Bell got the HSPA one to start with. I wouldn't even care if the price was high.

im so confused.. .i have a palm pre from bell - bought it last summer on a 3 year contract i think. if this new phone comes out, and it's a pre+, can i upgrade ? or do I have to sell my current pre and then buy the new one? what gives ?
    time to save up. Hspa pre+ here we come

EDIT: will it be hspa or hsdpa?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    got my pre last week on a 3 yr contract, I like it so not upset about this news.
    That's their return policy buddy...

I actually re-read about it, I'm keeping my 3-year even if I could switch. Apparently the $10/month discount applies to 3 year only. I might even lose my unlimited calling and early evening options.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast