Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    we are always last.. Can anyone explain that?
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    I think there are issues being missed here. My list of 'problems' with the launch is:
    - no paid apps (and it felt really bad to be denied access to apps when 30 miles south they were available).
    - webOS in my opinion was not ready until version 1.3.1 (after 1.3.1 it was great, 1.4 is even better
    - launch on CDMA tw weeks before Bell's advertising push for HSPA - why OH why OH why - the GSM Pre was not far behind.
    - terrible commercials

And they missed the biggest carrot - the touchstone. If they had sold it for $50 more with a touchstone, I think it would have sold MUCH better.

Andrew
    Actually I got my kit for free with my phone. Bell has an "accessory credit", I overheard them talking about it when printing my invoice at the store.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Is there any update on this? My GF wants a new phone, but she doesn't want to buy the Pre because it's getting to be old news now.

She said she really wants the Pre Plus but she also desperately needs a phone now so she might settle for some android phone.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    tell her to buy an att pre plus and unlock it cause it looks like there is no new news ;P
    I know i am reviving a dead thread, but i must know if the orginal poster, or anyone, has any new information about the HSPA Pre+ coming to bell.
    With Bell dumping the Pre accessories now (some stores sell the Touchstone kit at 29.99, MSRP 79.95), the future isn't exactly as bright.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I'd love any news on the new device too.

My guess, and this is just a guess: HP and Palm merge. In the fall they announce the new phone. It's released in time for Christmas. By Spring next year, it comes to Bell.

Feel free to discuss.
    I hope that is true Vociferous, but maybe a little earlier, i want to get onto the HSPA network as soon as possible but i do not wish to use anythign besides a WebOs device. I just hope sometime this summer we get a surprise and see the pre plus. If not, then hopefully the "c40" does come later this year.
    This may be a little off topic, but can the ATT pre plus use Bell's HSPA network? Anybody know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    This may be a little off topic, but can the ATT pre plus use Bell's HSPA network? Anybody know?
    Friend has one working on Rogers. And Rogers uses the same frequency as Bell so I would assume yes. That was what I was planning to do as well.

Yes an unlocked pre plus from att will work as the 3G bands are 850/1900. But if you don't mind me asking ToniCipriani, where did your friend get the unlock code for their pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Yes an unlocked pre plus from att will work as the 3G bands are 850/1900. But if you don't mind me asking ToniCipriani, where did your friend get the unlock code for their pre plus?
    It came unlocked. Original owner bought it from Buffalo, then brought it back to Toronto and got some phone shop to unlock it. I would suppose it's JIC's unlock, it works with both the Telcel and AT&T units.

This is kinda an update... It turns out that one of my father's good friends is a manager at a bell store, and i just got to meet him today. So i asked him if any new palm phone would be coming to bell and what he told me is that he is not 100% sure but there is a bunch of phones coming mid-august, he said he know andriod phones will be included for sure tho.
    Bell is done with any Palm phones... They have iPhone and that's all they need cause most Canadian are hooked to either iPhone or Rim..
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345