Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well I'll be getting it as soon as it's released
    I've been waiting too long.. since Jan 09. I just could never go CDMA - it's horrible to me lol

I hope this is released real soon
    Well, okay, I WISH that it was the C40, but I don't think it is, and here's why:

My guess is that Palm will release the C40 with WebOS 2.0. It just makes sense. If it has a faster processor, more memory, bigger screen, then why not a better OS.

If WebOS 2.0 will probably only be release with a proper microphone and camera api, and a blended sdk/pdk. And that won't happen until late Fall, and in my opinion December

Until then, Palm has a LOT of Pre Plusses in stock to push. Why release the C40 when you have perfectly good Pres to sell in Canada, France, Germany, Mexico and soon China.

It would be very tempting to push out the C40 this summer and get some media attention, but it would be wiser to make money off of the stock you have and spend money to make a solidly built new phone with a brand new OS.

Now, after having said all that...

I REALLY WANT THE C40.

Bad.

But hey, I'm a patient man.
    So no more updates on this, I suppose?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Right now, you can get a Palm Pre (8 GByte model) for $99 and a 12-month voice/data plan for $40/month. Total investment = $579 = less than list price for the Pre alone just a month ago.

= I might as well get one and use it to hold me over until the C40 is released (June?), actually available on Bell (September?) and gone through it's first few updates (January?)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaus View Post
    Right now, you can get a Palm Pre (8 GByte model) for $99 and a 12-month voice/data plan for $40/month. Total investment = $579 = less than list price for the Pre alone just a month ago.

= I might as well get one and use it to hold me over until the C40 is released (June?), actually available on Bell (September?) and gone through it's first few updates (January?)
    Price plan will actually be $50 I believe min. That $10 off discount is only valid a) until tomorrow and b) on a 3 year term
    Why did I read this? Now I want to switch. HSPA, fine, but 16 gigs?
    Yeah I just want to know what the deal is. If Bell is getting an HSPA Pre + then I WANT ONE NOWWWWWW.

I just want to know when...
    it will be a GSM pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    it will be a GSM pixi
    Source?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Pixi? Yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Source?
    we are about about Bell here.... Have they done anything right in the past 20 years?
    Well they did finally move on to HSPA... I'll give them that.
    ok I give them that.. However the only reason why they did it is cause is was a joint venture with Telus and Rogers was taking a large market share with iPhone which they need..

comparing to Telus who have more HSPA device?

next they lost alot of business customer due to CDMA.

and I haven't start with their reputations from the past...

the only reason why I went to Bell is because of the Pre which I love.
    I guess. They just can't get away from ripping off customers. Even tries to rip customers off for buying a SIM card...

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - This may give you a laugh...I tried to buy a SIM from Bell...

You have to go to a third party before they'll sell you a SIM card unactivated... or else the stores will try to charge you $15 by forcing you activate it, even when activating online is free.

Wth!? I bought my Pre in early March for $600 (That's how much I wanted it) and they drop the price less than a month later to $300. Ughhhh.
  16. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I almost bought mine outright, but when I did the math it didn't makes sense, since the max cancellation fee is less than the cost of the phone...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    now that the pre plus is official to come out on the 16th for att, is there any new news about it coming to bell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    now that the pre plus is official to come out on the 16th for att, is there any new news about it coming to bell?
    I'm willing to bet it's 2 months later, at least.

We're constantly screwed in Canada, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

We're constantly screwed in Canada, as always.
    I swear I have yet to see a quote as true as this!
    I think there are issues being missed here. My list of 'problems' with the launch is:
    - no paid apps (and it felt really bad to be denied access to apps when 30 miles south they were available).
    - webOS in my opinion was not ready until version 1.3.1 (after 1.3.1 it was great, 1.4 is even better
    - launch on CDMA tw weeks before Bell's advertising push for HSPA - why OH why OH why - the GSM Pre was not far behind.
    - terrible commercials

And they missed the biggest carrot - the touchstone. If they had sold it for $50 more with a touchstone, I think it would have sold MUCH better.

Andrew
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast