Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    and yet the iphone sold millions in that first year completely bare compared to the pre's sales even with it's SDK progress.....sales tell the story.
    people follow what apple does
    smartphones weren't at where they were to this date
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    and yet the iphone sold millions in that first year completely bare compared to the pre's sales even with it's SDK progress.....sales tell the story.
    I just wonder if that iPhone would have sold so well if a certain someone hadn't invented the iPod. Who knows?
    Please release info about a new handset before the EVO release. I dont want to go to the dark side but i love gadgets.............
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I completely agree the reliability of the hardware is completely his fault.
    /s
    It absolutely is. First off, the design is problematic to begin with. The battery having foam taped in it is explicit admission of that by Palm. The USB cracks...the power button failures....these are a result of bad design.

Second, even if it was a matter of parts failing, that means Palm did inadequate quality checks of their Chinese manufacturing stock.

Rubinstein is the head of the company, so any mistakes made are his responsibility.

and having a smartphone OS and SDK this far in progress after 10 months , compared to the iphoneOS which took forever to get copy and paste. his fault.
    You MUST be joking. The SDK is not a feature. Copy and paste is.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboomaboom View Post
    Please release info about a new handset before the EVO release. I dont want to go to the dark side but i love gadgets.............
    Thats exactly why I would love to see at least a leak of some sort. I love my pre, and even being a "Premiere customer", I would love to get my son some sort of new pre 2/c40 as a graduation gift or a inbound college gift whenever it's released (keep it for 30 days, then give it to my son). My fear is that if they don't leak something, many will go the EVO route.

Needless to say, the article is very promising that webos will live on.

And yes, it's nice to hear "devices" as opposed to device. Perhaps we may see a 4G multicarrier release.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Go Ruby, Go Palm!!!!!!!!!!!
  7.    #27  
    I think it's safe to say that Palm is not dead yet!!!! C'mon guys.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Guess he recently saw a movie with Vin Diesel.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    A source inside of Palm was able to send this photo of two of Rubenstein's new manufacturing team.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl...op_-_elves.jpg
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    They don't want to hurt ATT pre plus sales with talk of a new device coming soon. I expect it to come a few months after the ATT release.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It absolutely is. First off, the design is problematic to begin with. The battery having foam taped in it is explicit admission of that by Palm. The USB cracks...the power button failures....these are a result of bad design.

Second, even if it was a matter of parts failing, that means Palm did inadequate quality checks of their Chinese manufacturing stock.

Rubinstein is the head of the company, so any mistakes made are his responsibility.

You MUST be joking. The SDK is not a feature. Copy and paste is.
    He is head of the company but he isn't the one doing stress tests...blame the hardware on the engineering.

Also,
    I was saying how the iPhone OS SDK wasn't released till ~10 months later after release, and how much the WebOS has matured in the past 10 months. People are expecting alot, and Palm has given us alot.

worded it badly = [ sorry.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    hope they make it fast and furiously so we can have crap hardware just like the pre LOL
    You buy crap, and brag that it "sucks". That's ... Um ... interesting. Yeah, that's it - interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    A source inside of Palm was able to send this photo of two of Rubenstein's new manufacturing team.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl...op_-_elves.jpg
    I hope those are photoshopped or this means I will have to wait for Christmas until Santa delivers my new shiny Palm Super?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Turned it around?.
    Meant exactly what I said. They were destined to shut down. They did not. I might buy into your "expert" opinion if/when you name the products you've sold millions of. You haven't. I stand by what I said. In spite of what mistakes he's made, hels done far more for Palm than to Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboomaboom View Post
    http://media.canada.com/074dfb0f-a99...2ec59/yoda.jpg

/does not approve.
    Thats the difference between leaders and the rest...

But the million dollar question is... Does palm learn from their MISTAKES? If they quickly learn from their mistakes and change instantly.. then all will be fine..

If they go political and say we never made any mistakes we know what we are doing.... then palm is in trouble... (I really really doubt this)

But i have a feeling Ruby is listening and learning very very quickly. Thats the great thing about smart business nerds... for example the guys i work with are VERY smart.. and they will be the first to say they have made a mistake... but they will also change the mistake instantly and not sulk and pout that they were wrong. Mistakes get forgotten quickly if they are corrected quickly.
    Last edited by antonio3; 04/22/2010 at 11:05 PM.
    No, yoda dances!

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/yoda-1-1.gif

But in seriousness, the thing that scares me the most is that Palm seems to be stubborn to continue going it alone. I am sorry, but that seems to be the absolutely dumbest thing they can do right now. They need to court HTC seriously and get a buy out to happen. If Sprint isn't getting the Pre+, then all the signs are point to Sprint and Radio Shack stopping selling the Pre which is not a good sign.

I posted this else where, but even if Palm releases a new device, with specs like the Evo, does that matter at all if Palm cannot court professional developers? I mean, how many people are waiting on a document editor? Doc2Go is officially not going to make it to WebOS, how long before other major companies start passing WebOS over? Palm needs credibility, and they are not going to get it anytime soon with releasing a new device. Palm needs a partner that will ensure their survival, and they need it now.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    The palm yoda... feel the force...

above clip of yoda workin it above on tv.

lmao.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Will new hardware save Palm from the position they put themselves in? IMO, these are the things that need to be addressed:

Hardware
    Marketing
    Software
    Apps
    Public Perception
    Media Support
    Fan Perception

Firing the old marketing team and getting new hardware is a start, but those are the easiest problems to solve. Stuff like Apps, Media, Public and Fan support are going to be the bigger obstacles.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast