Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nothing about a new device but talks about how Verizon's changes are helping to sell phones. Not much info here but better than nothing

Palm CEO's upbeat, though rumors of sale a concern - MarketWatch

Ruby: Verizon's Changes are Working for Palm | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Ugh... I'd rather hear about a new device. =/
    But thanks.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    He's doing all these interviews, but basically says nothing - or the same thing in every interview. This should convince investors or something?
    Verizon's essentially giving them away so of course they are helping to "sell" phones. It certainly isn't their advertising or instore reps.

The question is what's up with Sprint. Is it EOLed or just shunted to the back of the lineup for Android?
    I don't want to hear Ruby talk again until it's about a new device he's holding in his hand.
    I don't want to here him talk again until he tells me the exact date that the Pre Plus will be released on ATT. I couldn't care less about the rumored new device being readied for 4th place Sprint or releases in Germany and France. May or June of 2011 I'll buy the new LTE Palm device for ATT's network but right now I want to know when my ATT Pre Plus is coming.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    For AT&T's vast LTE network eh?
    Seriously man, some one needs to mail him a new damn Shirt now, the Grey is getting a lil old. hope it is literally not the same one over again, but if it is then maybe it might be his lucky one or something
    Last edited by Menace187; 04/22/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    I would like some clarification on the DocsToGo situation. DataViz seems to be saying that it is Palm that is holding things up.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I would like some clarification on the DocsToGo situation. DataViz seems to be saying that it is Palm that is holding things up.
    We'll of course they are gonna blame palm, its not like they are going to see that we don't want to work on it cause we feel like it would be a waste of money
    Quote Originally Posted by DataViz
    as well as necessary collaboration with the device manufacturer
    I think they are hinting at waiting on new hardware.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    He's doing all these interviews, but basically says nothing - or the same thing in every interview. This should convince investors or something?
    Well, it's not like he can admit that WebOS is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I think they are hinting at waiting on new hardware.
    I don't think so. I think that's just Dataviz emphasizing the notion that Palm's not doing something to help them develop the app. I suppose it's possible, but I'd be really surprised by it.

Given that the PDK has been available for some time now and allows for mingling of Mojo and C/C++ code, and that I can't imagine that Palm would have held this back from Dataviz, I just don't buy the Dataviz version of this. Yes, apps that mix SDK and PDK can't be distributed yet, but then Dataviz could just say that.

I think they're just not putting any money into webOS development until they're comfortable in getting a return. Can't really blame them, frankly; I just wish they'd be completely honest about it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    nappy: "Well, it's not like he can admit that WebOS is dead."

You do realise Apple was 'dead' 15 years ago.

Go find something useful to do, will you?
    Man, threads like these bring out all of the Palm haters, they come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Man, threads like these bring out all of the Palm haters, they come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
    lol
    There may be some grain of truth in Dataviz throwing Palm under the bus. There has been a lot of discussion on the Palm Dev forums about file access in the PDK not really being set in stone as far as read and write access policies, and to what folders.

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...=5740&start=25
    I'm not a Palm hater. I use a Pre. But I'm not going to pretend Palm isn't rapidly losing customer, carrier, and developer support at a shocking pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm not a Palm hater. I use a Pre. But I'm not going to pretend Palm isn't rapidly losing customer, carrier, and developer support at a shocking pace.

And how do you actually know this? The CEO seems to be stating that Verizon is moving phones now, regardless of how. That means the user base is likely growing, not shrinking.

And you sound like a Palm hater by the way you make many of your comments. Just saying.
    I, for one, am encouraged every time the CEO stands up and says something, anything, upbeat, even if there's no new information. The fact that he's saying the same things a couple of weeks later, with the backdrop of so much negativity, is itself news to me. If Palm comes out with new hardware this summer or fall that provides something that no one else has and continues solid development of webOS to provide developers the capability to make the great apps we expect, I still think Palm has a chance.

But that's just the enabler. Palm HAS to close the deal with the marketplace with some serious effort. Much work needs to be done to change the public perception of Palm, which is basically in the toilet right now. Nobody seems to think that Palm is a going concern, and that's going to continue to kill their sales and support until it changes.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast