Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I can't help but think that Palm has got some epic news for us. With cards from almost everyone in the market being played with leaks and the like, it seems Palm is the only one managing(choosing?) to keep the fort tight. Maybe the rumours of a sale (which Ruby said was only one option) was partly to see what negotiations could be done for with the lack of marketing cash.

Palm hasn't been sitting on their hands for the last 12 months, and they would be idiotic to leak when an impending AT&T launch is on the horizon. How long do they need to wait after that to release new devices, 1 or 2 months?

The reality is, there is fierce competition out the at the moment but with Palm on a bunch of carriers, those who are not as "OMG, I need that latest amazing huge screen and sssssnapdragon joy" may actually be buying their phones. Apparently they're doing well in Europe.

I'm pegging something of the nature of a day-before iPhone launch mega leak, to add to the wounds the salt of HTC and Dell. Then a release immediately after. C40 or not, they're not going to want to stuff this up and (hopefully) will have learnt a little from the past.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    The smart phone game right now is insane. Its so hard for me to keep up with all that is happening.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post

The reality is, there is fierce competition out the at the moment but with Palm on a bunch of carriers, those who are not as "OMG, I need that latest amazing huge screen and sssssnapdragon joy" may actually be buying their phones. Apparently they're doing well in Europe.

[/B]
    And really that's only a small handful of the market that a) is aware of what the even means and b) cares about it

The majority of phone users out there aren't technically advanced like we on the forums are. Most people just want a phone that works and will last them
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    This is article reflects my point nearly exactly:

http://www.precentral.net/more-rubin...eline-products

If you want to get emotional and take your business elsewhere, maybe there are valid reasons to do so. But the fact remains: Palm has only just begun, the future is exciting.

Palm is working 'fast and furious on new handsets'. 'We do have a strong pipeline of products in the future,'"
    a "plan that gets us to profitability." There are also no plans to raise additional capital. "We plan on sticking around."
    Palm has a "great story" for investors, operators, and consumers.
    If you leave, I reckon you'll be back. Sad that Palm may not have to cash to keep you entertained but you'll be back.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    while the smart phone competition is getting really fierce, to me there are really only 2 OS's worthy of my purchase, WebOS or iPhone. Andriod just doesn't cut it for me no matter how nice the hardware, I'm not feeling the new direction of WinPho7, Blackberry has never been an option for me, and lets not even get started on Symbian. I really want a WebOS phone, I just hope I don't regret getting the Pre Plus on at&t when It's available. I keep thinking that as soon as I do either the c40 drops or palm does shortly after and I get screwed using my upgrade now.
    1) Get ride of the original pre and upgrade to the pre plus on sprint.

2) Launch pre plus on t-mobile the the competition is still low there.

3) Roll out two devices lets say first the c40 upgrade to the pre plus

4) Then in the fall an evo like slate phone

5) palm needs a landscape slider phone to be the ultimate messaging-social networking system enhanced by its multitasking synergy features and long battery life. With an unlimited data plan and 200 voice min like t-mobile but on sprint. basically replicate the sidekick. Thi would be the best phone for tweens.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    5) palm needs a landscape slider phone to be the ultimate messaging-social networking system enhanced by its multitasking synergy features and long battery life. With an unlimited data plan and 200 voice min like t-mobile but on sprint. basically replicate the sidekick. Thi would be the best phone for tweens.
    5) To each his own. Slab with a quick on-screen keyboard would be awesome. Edit, actually I wouldn't mind your slide phone. But I would rather see a portrait keyboard like the pre but just bigger and easier to type. Similar to this: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/d...ice-leaks-out/
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Palm needs to offer choices. They need a slab, portrait and landscape models, and a Pixi style phone. The iPhone can get away without having a keyboard, but an underdog like Palm needs to offer the widest range of phone designs for the wides audience. WebOS is the main thing, and the hardware needs to suit a lot of differing tastes and needs.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hope so
    I want a Star Trek communicator style.

I liked the 7135 and held on to it until it failed and there were no 7135's available from the carriers.

I think phones are getting too small and delicate. I'd like a Palm phone, clam shell, small screen on the exterior to make/answer calls from, full functionality when you open the clam shell.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Whatever Palm makes, I personally want a physical keyboard. Think about the time saved when going to your applications or contacts using universal search. With a physical keyboard, finding an app is instantaneous. But with an onscreen keyboard, you are forced to go to onscreen keyboard and then search for your app or manually search for your app. Like iPhone, you have to either press Home button (forbid you made home button for something else) or scroll your cumbersome menu ~5 pages to the left to get to the search page.
    I want a portrit slider that is almost an exact copy of the Dell Lightning.
    I think the entire palm team right now is focusing on selling what they have and the ones they are going to sel on AT&T... I do imagine though Ruby hiding in his office crafting the next big Palm device. Ruby only.