Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Where would you place it on a pre type phone...?

Could this be a killer gaming/navigation/Operations feature no one has thought of?

A few years ago I had a Nokia N-GAGE QD. One thing I love more about my N-gage than the pre is that it had a D-Pad. It made gaming so much more fun and playable. The pre is already advertised as a gaming device, but not as ood as Apple's iPhone.
    When it comes to typing the keyboard isn't my biggest problem. That honor goes to the lack of directional pad while scrolling. A D-Pad could easily solve this issue and would delete the need for me to delete everything in a webpage because i forgot to write something in.

Would the D-Pad be a game changer?
    I saw an accessory for the Droid that replicated a game system controller. It looked like it snapped on over the keyboard and had the d-pad and buttons press down on the existing keys below. I thought it was pretty cool. I'll try to find an image of it.

edit-
    I found the link to the article. It's pretty ugly, but a nicer looking one could easily be made.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/14/game-gripper-puts-your-droid-s-d-pad-where-it-belongs-video/
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I want something more elegant. Maybe an add-on that snaps around the pre to keep the curves. like this:

(+_P_R_E:: )
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I think maybe plug it in to the usb port on the pre? or a completely different device, it could be a dual slider... Hold it in landscape- one side slides out and has interface buttons( A,B,C,D or whatever OR a QWERTY keyboard) and the other side slides to reveal a D-Pad and/or an analog "nub" like the PSP.

what do you guys think? it might be like an N-Gage... only better