Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dell Lightning: the ultimate Windows Phone 7 device leaks out -- Engadget

No OLED though please, impossible to see in the daytime. Otherwise, total win. Hell, even the keyboard is in the perfect style.
    God I think it is hideous!!!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Horrible
    Actually, I find this pretty exciting for a few reasons:

1. It shows how a portrait slider with a large screen can be done. I'd wondered about that, but this shows it's entirely possible.

2. The specs on this don't seem so out of line with what we might see in the next-gen Palm device--and this is supposed to ship in Q4.

3. Most interesting: this shows LTE as coming in Q4 2011, meaning it's entirely possible to ship a non-4G phone this year and get away with it. Assuming, of course, that Dell will indeed get away with it, but they're not complete idiots.

Very fascinating. I'd consider this device if I'm looking at a WP7 device at the end of the year. But, I'd much rather see something similar from Palm... NEXT MONTH!!! Because I'm not dropping that prediction until June 1 rolls around.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I mean specs aren't bad, but WOW! it is fugly. And FM radio? REALLY? what a waste of architectural space!!!
    - Jeff
    Incidentally, while it's not the absolute best device I've seen, I'm not getting "hideous" or "horrible" from it...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Oh, and finally: I agree. Please, no OLED unless it's that crazy Samsung Super AMOLED that can be seen in daylight.
    Each there own, better than no KB, but if it was the C40, I would be bumbed...
    - Jeff
    wow!!everybody jumped on the bad side. I kinda think there's possibilt her ..not saying it should be a spitting image but if I were the creator I could totally turn this phone into a phone webos lovers would gaga over. I promise!!
    Why does the corners have to be so sharp? You would have to be careful not to poke someone's eye out with that phone.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Exactly what I thought when I read that on Engadget. That's one hot device. Hope it lives up to the renders! If Palm came out with something similar, with at least equal specs, we'd have a winner.
    Stubbs, the specs yes, if Palm rounded it off and made it their own, yes. But as is; do you think it is a nice LOOKING phone? I am liking the looks of my Pre more every day I think...
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Why does the corners have to be so sharp? You would have to be careful not to poke someone's eye out with that phone.
    I wonder if you can cut cheese with it.
    The more I look at other phones the more I appreciate the rounded corners of my Pre. They give me a softer, easier to handle phone. The square corners aren't cool. What I do like about this model is that it proves it's feasible to have a bigger keyboard. I would love to have the keys of the Treo 800W with a screen this size! I don't know which sliding mechanism works best: the straight edged one here or the curved one on the Pre.
    Last edited by Shawn_E; 04/21/2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: correct mispelled words
    I would keep my pre. Maybe go to a plus if that was the c40. I would like a more treo like keyboard myself and think this thinner is better revolution is rediculious. It should have the shape of the ''palm'' of your hand like the pre with a bigger battery does. The skipping stone roundness has the best pocketability appeal also to me.

give me a pre on steroids, is that so much to ask?
    say a 3.7 in screen, pixi/treo pro like keyboard, faster processor, more ram, dolby audio out, video out and oh yeah, 4g.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wonder if you can cut cheese with it.
    Do you think we could get it through an airport?
    - Jeff
    Horrible! Looks like a brick.
    I'm torn. I think it looks pretty decent. However, it looks like it would feel cheap and plasticy...
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I would keep my pre. Maybe go to a plus if that was the c40. I would like a more treo like keyboard myself and think this thinner is better revolution is rediculious. It should have the shape of the ''palm'' of your hand like the pre with a bigger battery does. The skipping stone roundness has the best pocketability appeal also to me.

give me a pre on steroids, is that so much to ask?
    say a 3.7 in screen, pixi/treo pro like keyboard, faster processor, more ram, dolby audio out, video out and oh yeah, 4g.
    what you said but also available on at&t.
    Garrett, can I get your avatar as a dartboard?
    - Jeff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast