Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Can the next Palm device be way better than this, please!!
    Maybe then people will come over. All it takes is some good industrial design

BlackBerry 9670 unveiled, CDMA clamshell device! Boy Genius Report

http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-...kBerry9670.jpg
    who said it was going to be just like this for you to ask not to be like this? And better?
    You know "BlackBerry" is more than just one model, right?
    BB cannot be squashed at this time, no matter how obsolete their designs may look to some. Due to the corporations who demand their employees use them. Until that reign ends somehow, BB will still have it's market.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've used a lot of phones in my time and I would still choose a BlackBerry to get my work done on. Stick a BlackBerry keyboard on my Palm device and that might change The Pre's keyboard is one of its greatest downfalls.
    What is wrong with the pre's keyboard, it is the best I have used.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    BB cannot be squashed at this time, no matter how obsolete their designs may look to some. Due to the corporations who demand their employees use them. Until that reign ends somehow, BB will still have it's market.
    Honestly, I genuinely think that it's not even so much corporations that are giving Blackberry its huge hold on the market these days, but kids / teens and BBM.

I've seen a lot more varied devices at companies over the past year or two, but my younger brother and sister just keep upgrading to new Blackberries, with a new PIN each time. And then if you have anyone in the younger age groups in your Facebook friends, you can pretty much expect 'lost/broke phone, new PIN' -type status updates every couple of months.

They're so hooked on BBM that I think it's going to take quite a bit to ever get them to move away from the platform again. Even if they're atypical and only half of the BBM users in that generation end up keeping it for life, that's a very long life left to be Blackberry users for.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What is wrong with the pre's keyboard, it is the best I have used.
    Use one of these keyboards for a week and you'll be blown away I could type novels on this thing and not get cramps in my fingers:

http://a2view.files.wordpress.com/20...berry-bold.jpg
    lets not forget blackberry os 6.0 will be evolutionary.. To previous bb users....
    their strength has never been hardware design. It's their email/messaging capabilities that make it irreplaceable in the business world.

they're hard to penetrate the same way Windows is hard to penetrate in the corporate world.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    OIC. That came across wrong. I meant I just really hope the new Palm phone looks and feels great because they may be able to scoop into some of the BB market given the ho-hum industrial design from BB. Sorry about that.

I agree that people get hooked on BBM but I argue that WebOS email is very easy to use - the pixi keyboard on a pre would be nice
    Last edited by Rkguy; 04/21/2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    lets not forget blackberry os 6.0 will be evolutionary.. To previous bb users....
    This made me literally lol, because it's so true.