Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As posted in the other thread:

With all this talk of the c40 earlier in the year, it would've been leaked a bit already of what the new hardware would be. There is absolutely no leak at all or no information from any officials of new hardware getting ready for release. The c40 could've been an accessory or a sub for a different batch inventory...who knows. But you would think Palm or any insiders would've leaked that it was going to be coming out before even hitting the Sprint inventory system. There has been many threads about the c40 recently and I'm tired of it, the c40 is nothing but a ghost! I'll eat my words if it turns out it was a secret code for something.

IMO, Palm would've said something already, they need all the help they could get..especially with the events this past week and the official statement from Sprint.

Radioshack is replacing the Pre and Pixi for two new different phones, which will be the new BB Tour2 and another messaging phone which is most likely not a Palm device. Could've possibly be the LG touch rumor? or the 4G EVO.

Palm's new device is most likely still in R&D. As much as I want a new webOS device, my hopes are long gone. Thank god for the 800mhz patch though.

The c40 now is just a urbandictionary, code for their new phone.
    Last edited by nyczwillz; 04/23/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Don't you think that if there was a new device, close to coming out, they would keep it very much under wraps while they still had a pile of unsold inventory?

My guess is that once the pile is gone, or once they give up on selling them and write them off, they'll leak/announce/launch, in that order.

Just a guess, but that is how most vendors do it.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I notice that the OP wasn't around before the launch of the Pre. It came out of left field.

This is the way a good company manages things. Keep it under wraps as long as you can. This drums up the necessary excitement for the unveiling of your actual product.

This is why the guy at Apple who brought his tester iphone 4 to the bar is going to get it. Either that, or Apple will try to add something new to it now that the hype machine has taken a hit.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I notice that the OP wasn't around before the launch of the Pre. It came out of left field.

This is the way a good company manages things. Keep it under wraps as long as you can. This drums up the necessary excitement for the unveiling of your actual product.

This is why the guy at Apple who brought his tester iphone 4 to the bar is going to get it. Either that, or Apple will try to add something new to it now that the hype machine has taken a hit.
    +1 The Pre was a total surpise!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    What other secret info do you have, OP? We'd like to know.
  6.    #6  
    who loses a prototype phone?

I've been optimistic ever since hearing about it but really...I just don't think so. Palm will have new hardware, just not soon. It just doesn't make sense to show up on Sprint inventory before even announcing. My guess is new phone 4Q or 2010 or 1Q-2Q of 2011. They might just do it in the end of the year since holiday season has many phone shoppers.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What other secret info do you have, OP? We'd like to know.
    Jon is my dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Apple's Marketing department
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    actually I have worked in hotels for a very long time and in two very tech based cities Las Vegas (CES) and Austin TX. Both places I have had prototypes come up in some strange places. The last was a pretty awesome WP7 phone at South By Southwest this year.
    The guy was likely showing off his phone to a hot waitress....

What hit? If anything, it sent the hype machine into overdrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    What hit? If anything, it sent the hype machine into overdrive.
    Using the Nitrous too early....

Great buzz kill, I guess next you are gonna say their's is no Santa
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Great buzz kill, I guess next you are gonna say their's is no Santa
    What do you mean there's no Santa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What do you mean there's no Santa?
    I know man, its tough cause i also just found out the easter bunny was not real when he jumped a little to high and his head flew off and rolled on the ground. its been a rough few months, but i just take it day by day
  16.    #16  
    Most people say it was done on purpose. I'm sure it was too!
    The C40 in Sprints inventory system says otherwise.

It wouldn't be in their system if they didn't plan on selling it this year.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I agree that the c40 was probably just a placeholder in sprints system but it's hard to imagine palm not coming out with atleast one more device. They have the money to go for another year, and realistically have been working on their next gen hardware and os long before they announced thir financials. I think people call it the c40 just as a point of reference. It's the same as people referring to it as the pre 2 when we really have no idea what it'll be called.
    Using the Nitrous too early....
    excactly, everyone is hyped up now, but who knows in a couple month. heck, at this point apple should just cancel the keynote and release the thing.
  20. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Guys, guys, there IS no spoon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast