Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Guys, guys, there IS no spoon!
    Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon
    I don't know what to think anymore :
    Hope for a new palm beast.. Hope.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Indeed, as pogeypre and mrloserpunk in posts 3 and 4, respectively, allude, the Pre was totally kept under wraps until the CES announcement/"reveal". Palm watchers were skeptical about new phones coming from Palm, because Palm had solid history of product info leaking out way before product launches/announcements. The contrast was so great that I remember that part of the news flurry in the wake of the the Pre's announcement was the question of how they managed it. I don't remember *all* of what they reported on that front, but among the news was that it was very definitely managed consciously...Maybe even that they never mailed the phone around--rather, they flew people with the phone/prototypes to people who needed to see it. I might be imagining this part, but maybe they even avoided emailing anything about it if at all possible.
    correct there is a new model phone coming out and most likely after the EVO and the Iphone new version is launched. Though just rumors, to me its more then enough. We have heard not only from insiders but also sprint reps (as I have heard from them stating so) that dinner conversation with a Verizon exec etc. I think also if its in Sprints inventory its going to be released. i think its been in there for so long because Palm was intending on releasing it sooner, or atleast announcing it sooner but due to a massive inventory they are waiting to sell some down, get more people to experiance web os (At&T's launch) then drop the new phone to sprint first. Its strategy that I believe Palm has under control.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    the worst thing that happened for apple having the iphone4 revealed is that now all the other hardware makers know what it will look like... (not that they didnt have a basic idea already) and they can adjust their roadmaps so they are not going to be playing catch up as much this time... I hope palm releases some hardware worth 2 ***** by the end of the summer... and please palm... please... for the love of all that is holy... give your phones strong names, that people are not embarrased to buy... naming the replacement to the trio "pixi" very well might have been the worst decision you ever made... you are trying to compete with BB's with that thing and you call it PIXI??
    The Pixi wasn't leaked either was it?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    The Pixi wasn't leaked either was it?
    it was leaked in some road map picture. someone took a picture of the paper that had the image of the pixi.
    I agree the names of the phones need to mean something, give it alittle umph. The pre is fine but your right with a name like pixi it pointed directly towards women, or kids. Though I hope they just come out with either one phone that has very very strong specs, or if they produce two different form factors let them both boast the same internals, that way it just gives people a choice between the hardware not having to sacrifice for a design they dislike just because the ladder one has less specs.
    What ever Palm's new phone will be called the name C40 sounds better then anything else. nyczwillz - since you are such an expert maybe you should come up with a name that we can use in all these post. After all Palm will come out with a new phone from time to time.
    Maybe we should call it the nyczwillz phone. Would that be more to your liking?
    Just go back in your cave, go away and tell someone else what to do.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Its prob a new webOS based Palm Centro with 40gb
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    What ever Palm's new phone will be called the name C40 sounds better then anything else. nyczwillz - since you are such an expert maybe you should come up with a name that we can use in all these post. After all Palm will come out with a new phone from time to time.
    Maybe we should call it the nyczwillz phone. Would that be more to your liking?
    Just go back in your cave, go away and tell someone else what to do.
    i'm sorry i upset you. maybe you can ask Jon to help you out. judging by your username you must've been very anxious for the Pre...I wonder how anxious are you now. maybe FINALLY_FINALLY_C40!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    i'm sorry i upset you. maybe you can ask Jon to help you out. judging by your username you must've been very anxious for the Pre...I wonder how anxious are you now. maybe FINALLY_FINALLY_C40!
    It would be nice. Back when I heard that Palm was working on some new phone and OS I was out of contract. I waited hoping it would be soon. I could have got a new phone and gone through that contract. Yet I waited. Never yelling or complaining and I am not for the new phone (maybe C40) to come out. But I am very excited. As far as my name, at least it make sense. Still don't understand yours. FINALLY_FINALLY_C40 is to long.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo say it ain't so wait there's no pre either nor was there ever a treo and the only palm is part of my hand so what do I call that tree oh God I need help
    The "C40" screenshot was from August 2009. Why would Sprint have an inventory listing for a product not shipping for over 9 months?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12