1.    #1  
    do you remember that sega gamegear commercial from back in the day? the one where a guy is playing a nintendo gameboy, hits himself over the head with a dead squirrel, and then sees the gameboy's black/white screen in really screwy colors?

it's kinda like the entire smartphone industry (apple, android, phone 7, etc) versus palm. they have better hardware, but we have a more solid os. sega's hardware was badass, but nintendo's games were top notch. who won out in the end?

really i think palm is a position to knock this sucker out the park.

<cool story bro>
    i woke up this morning, read from my engadget app that the verizon incredible was being released. less than a hour later, the top news on that same app was that the "possible" 4th gen iphone found over the weekend was indeed the real 4th gen iphone. nice "leak". the incredible looks like an incredible device. the 4th gen iphone… well… looked like an iphone. the comments on the engadget app in response to the leak had things like "sick", "i will get this", some comment about using a time machine to get the device instead of waiting until june, etc. i then got a little bit sad thinking ok… there's the evo (strike one), the incredible (strike two), and then the 4th gen iphone (stike three and palm is out!).
    </cool story bro>

which brings me to palm…

the precentral community knows how awesome webos is. the precentral community also knows how suckity suck suck the hardware is. this is where the C40 comes in. ever hear of "there’s no such thing as bad press"? well, yeah… palm has gotten a buttload of it lately. is that really a bad thing? can palm help themselves with a little leakage/viral marketing while still fresh on the minds of the smartphone industry?

how about an underground vid w/rapper E40 promoting himself as C40 (i know… that's kinda goofy). or how about getting rick astley doing a strictly online commercial dancing/spinning around with the new C40 in his hands and the commercial ending with "palm… just rick roll'ed you". or even better… how about the creepy palm pre lady making a comeback in a shoddy/gritty commercial dancing to rick astley's hit. creepiness growing exponentially! or to top them all… how about getting chappelle laying on a couch that looks like iphone, grinds his muddy shoes on it, and instead of saying "it's a celebration", he shouts out "it's a C40!"

while palm is fresh on the minds of people (though synonymous with devastation) what time is better than now to start the campaign so that the phone can be released before the iphone? most folks root for the underdog, but you have to know who the underdog is first. i say go all out and mention names of other phone os (apple, google, etc) companies in these ads/commercials.

sorry for the random thread folks. just tired of saying "any time now, palm" many times during the day.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    And when no phone called "c-40" is released then...
  3.    #3  
    "And when no phone called "c-40" is released then..."

not sure what you mean.

do you mean the device won't be called "c-40" or no other palm device will be released?

i'm just hoping "that thread" in future devices forum is right about the android guy giving hints at the new palm phone.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    "And when no phone called "c-40" is released then..."

not sure what you mean.

do you mean the device won't be called "c-40" or no other palm device will be released?

i'm just hoping "that thread" in future devices forum is right about the android guy giving hints at the new palm phone.
    That no phone called "c-40" will ever be released, palm might get another phone to market but it's never going to be called that.
    yeah they won't officially call the phone c-40, but your right about Palm needing a more effective marketing approach this time around as need to be creating some sort of buzz about a new device...