1.    #1  
    Where is Michael Abbott going to work after April 23th?

This M Abbott resigns is affecting Palm today Monday 19, 2010.

Stocks are now -11.63% $4.94

Palm Inc New, PALM Stock Quote - (NASDAQ) PALM, Palm Inc New Stock Price

So, is there one of these apparently potential buyers hiring M Abbott?

Is cheaper to get him that knows everything about webos,than to pay 1 or 2 Billions dollars for the company?

Where is he going: HTC, RIM, Huawei????

Is Palm on time yet to keep him. I will do it. This man knows all about Palm webos.

What do you think?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    In a research note, McCourt pointed to filings Palm made with the Securities and Exchange Commission last Friday that said Michael Abbott, Palm's senior vice president of software and services, has resigned, effective April 23. Abbott joined Palm about two years ago and received 400,000 options for Palm's stock. Those options were to vest in two years at a strike price of $5.79.
    Palm gets slapped again as top executive departs - MarketWatch

I would imagine he found another startup or turnaround to work for with another shot at stock options. He would have made millions if Palm stock had managed to stay where it was six months ago. If the stock options of other management was similarly priced then they are all underwater, right now. Hence, the retention bonuses.
    Sure he did, but my concern is more about, how is Palm protected with the OS.

We know that Palm webos is a patented trademark, even so the components or language of the program that runs webos are universal, and anyone can make/develope similar OS, just with a different name and in a different company.

Would be interesting if someone of you precentral members who are developers could tell us, how things work on this matter technical and legal, there in the US. Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    wel, we know now, where he is going:

http://www.precentral.net/palms-mike...-lands-twitter
    really makes me feel better that he's moving to a more prestigious company... And not because of "rumored" dire prospects of Palm and WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    really makes me feel better that he's moving to a more prestigious company... And not because of "rumored" dire prospects of Palm and WebOS.
    I wouldn't exactly call Twitter more prestigious.
  6.    #6  
    two different company worlds
    No big loss to Palm...

-m