Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Being that the c40 will be more powerful, I believe it will become a better business device as well. I think it would be a great move for Palm to help Buzz the c40 with a Car Touchstone Charger. Any takers?
    what is all this talk about the c40, ITS NOT A NEW PHONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    what is all this talk about the c40, ITS NOT A NEW PHONE!
    And you know that because?
    The Pixi used to be the codename for the C40, when the real Pixi was announced it was assumed that is what the c40 was, however it has periodically popped up now and then, and it was show that the Pixi shares an id which is very close that of the Pre (something like 101 and 100 kinda thing)

The C40 is just the codename used in these forums (and possible even by palm) for the next Palm phone, which would mean that it is new, in fact so new it doesn't quite exist yet.
    With all this talk of the c40 earlier in the year, it would've been leaked a bit already of what the new hardware would be. There is absolutely no leak at all or no information from any officials of new hardware getting ready for release. The c40 could've been an accessory or a sub for a different batch inventory...who knows. But you would think Palm or any insiders would've leaked that it was going to be coming out before even hitting the Sprint inventory system. There has been many threads about the c40 recently and I'm tired of it, the c40 is nothing but a ghost! I'll eat my words if it turns out it was a secret code for something.

IMO, Palm would've said something already, they need all the help they could get..especially with the events this past week and the official statement from Sprint.

Radioshack is replacing the Pre and Pixi for two new different phones, which will be the new BB Tour2 and another messaging phone which is most likely not a Palm device. Could've possibly be the LG touch rumor? or the 4G EVO.

Palm's new device is most likely still in R&D. As much as I want a new webOS device, my hopes are long gone. Thank god for the 800mhz patch though.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I believe a lot of us C40'ers need to shift our gears now. Its better to be surprised then disapointed. But remember, how well kept the secret was of the Palm Pre. Palm is good at keeping secrets.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The Pixi used to be the codename for the C40, when the real Pixi was announced it was assumed that is what the c40 was, however it has periodically popped up now and then, and it was show that the Pixi shares an id which is very close that of the Pre (something like 101 and 100 kinda thing)

The C40 is just the codename used in these forums (and possible even by palm) for the next Palm phone, which would mean that it is new, in fact so new it doesn't quite exist yet.
    pretty much... C40 was thought too be the pixi because at the time we only knew the pixi as the EOS but then the p120(pixi) and c40 showed up at the same time in sprints systems.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Palm will definitely be releasing a new device before the year is out.

They cannot undecut the AT&T launch of Pre+ though so they will not say anything at all until at least a few weeks after that launches.
    correct they have to wait until after the AT&T, and the htc evo release before they announce anything. We all should know by now that they already had a new device in works already before the HP aquisition. So either its called the C40, pre 2 or whatever Palm I beleive is set to release another phone this year as a independent company for the last time, and most likely will be a 4G phone for sprint.