1.    #1  
    If I stay with GMS all thru the GPRS upgrades and stay to 9.6-14.4kb, how does AOL Instant messanger work? Will it be quick enough on a treo 270 with 9kbs? Thanks
    Also, if you have unlimited weekend minutes in a plan does that mean unlimited weekend data minutes?

Dave
    If I stay with GMS all thru the GPRS upgrades and stay to 9.6-14.4kb, how does AOL Instant messanger work? Will it be quick enough on a treo 270 with 9kbs? Thanks
    I'm sticking with the service I have now instead of getting the iStream stuff. I don't see the added value for people like me. There are two ways you can use AIM on a Treo, assuming you have Voicestream. One is to use SMS (or QuickChat) and the other is to dialup to an ISP and use AOL's client. I prefer the former because I can be online all day and only pay for the messages I get and send (I got the 500 messages a month for $3, which is great, especially combined with news alerts from Yahoo mobile). The speed is just fine. The amount of data sent in an IM is really tiny. Of course you can't do anything like send files or use voice chat.

Also, if you have unlimited weekend minutes in a plan does that mean unlimited weekend data minutes?
    Yes. And if they try to charge you for them (they did for me) call them up and clear up the situation. While it was aggrivating to have $40 on the bill that I didn't deserve, it was nice when they realized the mistake and creditted me the difference on the spot.
    One big problem with the current AIM client is, as soon as you switch out of AIM, you lose the connection.

Well, not as soon , but you can't exactly be broswing the web for 20 minutes and expect to be notified of messages.

Though, with GPRS, you will be able to broswe the web and still get the SMS messages that AIM over SMS provides, as long as your a VoiceStream customer.
    -- Go Illini!
    And if they try to charge you for them (they did for me) call them up and clear up the situation. While it was aggrivating to have $40 on the bill that I didn't deserve, it was nice when they realized the mistake and creditted me the difference on the spot.
    Did this billing problem recur in the subsequent months?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!