1.    #1  
    Just watched this video on CNN. This guy says that Palm hasn't innovated since the late 1990's and that Apple is God, etc. It's people like this ****** that perpetuate the notion that the Pre can't compete in today's smartphone world.

And how he implies that webOS is not revolutionary is a bit ridiculous to me. The unobtrusive notifications, elegant implementation of multitasking, and integration of all my could-based accounts seem pretty revolutionary to me.

Palm droops under iPhone's rays - Video - Business News
    Last edited by pre_daddy; 04/16/2010 at 01:59 PM.
    The people at CNN seem to love Apple. Another example of this is the story of how a PM is running his country from his ipad while he is stuck in the US.
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ntry-ipad.html

To say that WebOS is not revolutionary is just being ignorant. This OS is the best mobile OS currently available, IMO.
    Haha they should hire somebody more camera-friendly to peddle their news.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The people at CNN seem to love Apple. Another example of this is the story of how a PM is running his country from his ipad while he is stuck in the US.
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ntry-ipad.html
    While it's easy to state that CNN (or anyone else who posts positive stories about Apple vs webOS) are Apple supporters / f-anboys, the reality is that a LOT of people love Apple. It's not a conspiracy, simply the fact that Apple is considered the big dog in the industry....for a reason, even if we prefer a different device.

To say that WebOS is not revolutionary is just being ignorant. This OS is the best mobile OS currently available, IMO.
    I don't think he ever made a comment on the merits of webOS - he merely stated that there was no compelling reason to buy Palm at their current price, given that they're struggling so badly.
    Last edited by Bujin; 04/16/2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    What a craptastic video. I agree with a lot of what was said, but did they have a 5 year old directing that thing. The camera was shakey, and the guy talking had the most irritating voice.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    True or not I guess its "Pick on Palm" day at the news outlets...this and the CNBC article on security.
    Palm stock is being going up and up every day for the past week or so. And what do they want to do? They wanna make sure the stock doesn't go up any higher. Yeah, Palm is in pain right now and they wanna beat Palm while it's on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't think he ever made a comment on the merits of webOS - he merely stated that there was no compelling reason to buy Palm at their current price, given that they're struggling so badly.
    Not specifically, but basically that's how he started the video -- "Remember when Palm was a cool and innovative company? I'll forgive you if you can't - it was the late 90's when Palm really had the major market attention..." He basically is equating market attention with innovation. That is hardly the case. Palm clearly innovated with webOS.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/16/2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Temporarily removed iPad remarks. ;)
  9. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The more people think palm is nothing special the more I will shock them with a gadget so cool and awesome. While I dislike the iPhone for many geeky reason the absolute worst part is everyone and their mother has one. I hate products that have reached that kind of popularity. Honda Civic? Jawbone? Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses? Timex? ugh, there is something to be said for having something that not many people have, a la Bentley or Tag Heure.

Just my two cents!
    Communist News Network
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    The more people think palm is nothing special the more I will shock them with a gadget so cool and awesome. While I dislike the iPhone for many geeky reason the absolute worst part is everyone and their mother has one. I hate products that have reached that kind of popularity. Honda Civic? Jawbone? Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses? Timex? ugh, there is something to be said for having something that not many people have, a la Bentley or Tag Heure.

Just my two cents!
    I totally agree djs. It bothers me somewhat when an inferior product is on top. But such is life. More intelligent people tend to do research themselves and find what's best for them instead of following the masses. But you gotta give props to Apple. They've taken an inferior, crippled, and unwelcoming product and have dominated the market. That's some marketing and PRPRPR $genius$.

I mean, the American people elected George W Bush as President. TWICE!! Need any more proof that the majority of people are not only sometimes wrong, but just plain stupid?