Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've been having connection problems with Earthlink and my 270 off and on since I got it.

Usually I can connect no problem but every 5th time (or so) that I try to connect it does the following:

Says "Dialing Earthlink"
    Then "Retrying" after only about 5-7 seconds
    Then gives me an error "Network Busy, wrong dial-in number, or data service not enabled. (0x1102)"

After a reset or two or if I change dial-in numbers it usually works again. Once I had to call Voicestream and they "reset" my account even though it looked fine, which did get me going again.

Anybody have any ideas before I call Handspring?

Thanks,

bostonGuy
    That is a voice stream problem. That is the same message I get all the time when logging in from work. I never get it from home (ever).
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks,

While I don't doubt it could be a VS problem it ALWAYS clears up after a hard reset (two so far anyway).

Maybe a VS disconnect/connect puts the Treo modem into a "funky" state that it can't recover from.

Anybody else find any other causes locally (init strings, hacks, bad apps, etc.) that could explain this.

As I said, I believe VS may have something to do with it, just want to see hwat else MAY be happening.
    I live in NJ. I have the same kind of connection issues. BUT if I set my dialin to Earthlink in NYC it works every time. I agree it is a VS issue, but why dioes it always work if I dial NYC and not reliably in NJ (except when I am physically in my home location - then it is about 70%. So I now dial free to NYC and connect everytime. (Free because LD is in my VS plan.)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    It almost sounds like there are better and worse Earthlink POP locations to connect to. This makes some sense because often when I can't connect changing the Earthlink number to another one works fine.

Just out of curiosity what is the NY number you're having the best luck with?

I haven't found a discernible pattern with my local MA/RI numbers yet.

Thanks,

bostonguy
    Hi Bostonguy -

I lived in Newton for years!

I call Eathlink NYC at 1-212-202-6884

It works all the time.

CP