Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hahahahhaha palm present on the now network..
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Forget about the Pre, the Pre+ or the Pre++ just give us the Palm Present. I don't want the past and I don't want some future phone. I just want the Present. Damn, then I have to join PresentCentral.
    Finally Present
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    hahahahhaha palm present on the now network..
    I need to remind myself to thank your comment later (on mobile Precentral right now). Ingenious though.
    Is this the phone you guys keep talking about, the Palm Zen? Or is it just bs?

Look it up on youtube
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    It's called the Palmagranite because you have to hack through a bunch of crap before getting to the sweet stuff.
    They could be doing two phone releases.

The Pre Plus for those that don't need 4G or are not in an area that supports it yet (maybe another year they will).

And a 4G Model of a super phone.

And I don't think Palm would be that stupid again to release or make any annoucements in the general time frame that the HTC Andriod 4G (I forgot the real name) is getting into the stores.

Sprint is going to do a very big campagin over this 4G phone because, lets face it Sprint is in as much trouble financially as Palm is!

So both companies will be very careful on any overlapping of product releases.

And I would not be surprised if Palm would not be doing exclusive this time and get their new product (super phone) out on all 3 networks.

Sprint is also hoping that everyone will love this HTC Andriod 4G will get the WebOS users to switch.

Look at all the people here that said they would consider switching, since the hardware spec of that phone are so great and advanced.

Palm will come out with something new (on Speint) just not while this 4G Andriod model comes out.

And that is scheduled for the second week in June.

So maybe we will hear from Palm in July, after Apple releases their new model as well!

Timing, timing...timing! Palm has to be careful this time around.

Rob
    speaking of sprint in trouble, does anyone else thinks sprints marketing is god awful? People don't want to see dan hesse in the gugenhiem telling you how much cheaper sprint is than att/verizon. When will they ever get it?
    Now I am no marketing genius, but if I were sprint I would want both phones out at the same time. I mean I know when Im looking for a phone I want the carrier that has the best selection of phones (assuming of course it has a solid network). I feel like having great choices is only gonna make Sprint's customer base grow.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    speaking of sprint in trouble, does anyone else thinks sprints marketing is god awful? People don't want to see dan hesse in the gugenhiem telling you how much cheaper sprint is than att/verizon. When will they ever get it?
    umm, Sprint's advertising has gotten awards (the now network stuff).

Infact, Sprint's ads for the palm pre were really good back in the day. The sprint dunkin donuts commercial is a good exanple.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    So, if Sprint's not supposed to talk clearly and concisely about their most important competitive advantage--price--what exactly do you expect them to talk about?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by emakhanov View Post
    The new phone HAS to be equivalent or better than the Evo. Seriously. I prefer webOS way over Android, but HDMI? 8 MP Cam? 720p HD Video? Get on it, Palm!
    HDMI, 8 MP Cam, 720p HD Video. Nice features, but they not enough to make up for android 2.0
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    What the hell do I need HDMI for? And let's face it: who actually watches movies on their phone? I really don't ever. I barely even watch movies on my laptop. It's just too small compared to my TV. I mean I watch youtube videos occasionally, but never enough to warrant HD video. I guess for the camera it'd be good, but it's not something I want on my phone.

Just stick to the basics: awesome battery life, bigger screen, on-screen keyboard/or slimmer slider form, and whatever they do please port the same screen-type as the Pre. Just bigger.

And a comment on 4G: Really Ev-Do is super fast. I really don't need 4G.
    Who knows... we might be seeing a new webOS-based HTC phone in the next 6months or so.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    Is this the phone you guys keep talking about, the Palm Zen? Or is it just bs?

Look it up on youtube
    I say BS

"There is also an upcoming Palm touch phone called the Palm ZEN coming out in December 2009 to around 2010. It features all the features of the Palm Pre plus more like Multi hover-touch and an HDMI port. A 1.2GHz processor powered by the NVIDIA Tegra HD platform. It has a 4.5-inch 720p HD screen. The screen is actually 1024x768 but they will market it as 720p HD. It also features two six-axis accelerometers. Besides those features it will be available in sizes from 32GB to 96GB and expandable memory using the multi-media card reader that is compatible with SDHC, Memory Stick PRO, CompactFlash, and xD. It will also be 4G compatible and have a 8 Megapixel camera on the back and a 5 Megapixel camera in the front for 4G Video Calling. They will also start the 4G HD Video Calling marketing capable of video calling other people at resolutions up to pure 1080p HD depending on what the receiver's camera quality is and wheter it is compatible. Other features include Bluetooth 3.0, Infrared, and a Wireless N Wi-Fi adapter plus a GPS satellite receiver (That's in the Palm Pre too)"
    BT 3.0, eh?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol... I so highly doubt.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123