Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    lesson numero uno: rumors heard from phone company reps are usually complete bolshevik
    so iconnect is BS?

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It would be really hard to justify a WiMax Pre 2 when HTC already has the flagship title from Sprint. It could come in as an "also ran", but not in June.
    I know that Palm would love to dial in the perfect release date for the next device, and perhaps that would definitely be some time after the Evo is released. And I know that some people question the decision to release the Pre in June '09 given the proximity to the iPhone 3GS release. And I understand that, as well.

But this time around, I think Palm simply has to get something out there as soon as humanly possible. Hell, make it May if they have to. Otherwise, we'll have more months of doom and gloom, and you know what they say about things that are repeated often enough...

I mean I understand as well the idea that Palm has a long-term strategy, etc., etc. I just think that strategy better involve releasing a new device sooner rather than later, or they might not get a chance to implement it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hmmm...there is much to consider here. Sprint reps have been notoriously unreliable in the past. It may be that he told her that to get her back later to buy the Evo, even though he knows it's not a webOS device. I have no idea how commissions work (if at all) at Sprint stores, so I have no idea what the salesman's incentives are.

But I'm having a really hard time believing that we're hearing of a new Palm device from a Sprint salesman. There would be something out there, some kind of other rumor somewhere.

Now, here's a thought--what if the Evo comes out in two flavors--Android and webOS? I could see Palm working some kind of deal with HTC that includes licensing HTC to put webOS on their phones. That would be pretty cool, no?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    But there is also the mythical c40 device. Hmmm...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    remember how much we all doubted 3-D gaming? I bet they have something coming in June
    I don't think it's gonna be the pre 2 or the pre+ or pre+++ I think it's gonna be the Palm Pride. That would be an epic name for a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I know that Palm would love to dial in the perfect release date for the next device, and perhaps that would definitely be some time after the Evo is released. And I know that some people question the decision to release the Pre in June '09 given the proximity to the iPhone 3GS release. And I understand that, as well.

But this time around, I think Palm simply has to get something out there as soon as humanly possible. Hell, make it May if they have to. Otherwise, we'll have more months of doom and gloom, and you know what they say about things that are repeated often enough...

I mean I understand as well the idea that Palm has a long-term strategy, etc., etc. I just think that strategy better involve releasing a new device sooner rather than later, or they might not get a chance to implement it.
    i don't want another beta phone from palm...i want them to give me a phone with basic functions, so that i don't need patches. i how palm has learned their mistakes from the past year.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    But I'm having a really hard time believing that we're hearing of a new Palm device from a Sprint salesman. There would be something out there, some kind of other rumor somewhere.
    Ah, yes, and that's the thing: there have been other rumors. The most relevant one I can think of off-hand is the one about the Sprint IT guy who said that there is a new Palm device already being tested at Sprint, that's being kept strictly under lock and key and that's supposed to be released in June. For whatever reason (wishful thinking?), that particular story rang true to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I just got a verizon pixi plus but would LOVE a full screen no slide candy bar ala-iphonesque....i need real estate...getting old on the eyes. if this c40 or elan could be it...and price drop by next year when my contract is up...hope folder
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I think it's gonna be the Palm Pride. That would be an epic name for a phone.
    Epic and ironic.
    how about the Palm Prevenge?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how about the Palm Prevenge?
    Like it!

However, I would change your avatar to something more "Jazzy"
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Like it!

how about NOOOOO.....i love my Miami Heat avatar....hardcore fan here buddy!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Harry?
    Palm Survival: The last smartphone you'll ever need (and maybe the last we ever put out),
    I"m not trying to burst anybodies bubbles here, and I'm actually very optomistic that there will be a Pre 2, but hearing from a sprint sales person doesn't really give me any more assurance then what this forums has already provided me. For all we know, he/she is speculating like us.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I think it's gonna be the Palm Pride.
    yeah.... sure. and how much soon later we see a palm "rainbow flagged" theme phone to match. rollseyes to the awkwardness of these names

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Like it!

lol not everyone feels they want a part of carl malone on thier phone. id see the bulls faster then the jazz. luckily i dont care for basketball.

hmm phone name idea? 4g power and free enterprizes?

how about palm throttle? palm turbo? palm carbon?

btw, talked to my own sources about this mysterious phone. nothing heard except being bought out or outsourced. sorry guys

thank you mytether
    yes i mentioned something about this last month. the girl at the sprint shop actually had mojo-hacked her phone as well and had done everything, like me, except the overclock because "may or may not void warranty" is NOT a good legal standing for us. i was so excited that someone, especially a chick, knew what i was talking about when i say pre and mojo together because the "special advanced tech support" phone peeps did NOT.

anyway i asked when we were getting the pre+ and she said "we're not" but didnt know why. when i said "i bet we're getting the better form factor" she raised her eyebrows in an "ah ha you're probably right" look.

so i told everyone last week to invest in palm stock even if you only have $100 to spare as i did and sure enough it went up the next day and i've earned >$2/share in less than a week. little by little i've earned $500 with palm stocks and i have only LITTLE to invest here and there. only a couple months too.

i bought the pre with the $15/share i earned last time it was cheap before CES unvail and now i'll be able to buy the new SPECIAL pre+++++ when it comes to sprint

still only $5/share so go invest quick. ing direct makes it very easy and i taught myself how to play the game.
    Last edited by creepycat; 04/15/2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: actually i've earned OVER $500 on palm stock for less than $100 investment.
    Forget about the Pre, the Pre+ or the Pre++ just give us the Palm Present. I don't want the past and I don't want some future phone. I just want the Present. Damn, then I have to join PresentCentral.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast