Page 1 of 84 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ((Please delete if this has been posted already, I did a quick sloppy search and didn't see it))

A guy over on Android Forums and Sprint Forums who leaked a ton of (correct) info has been saying this about the C40

There are a ton of devices coming Sprint's way. The Evo kind of opens the flood gates so to speak. By the end of the year there will be a toal of 10 WiMAX devices! isn't taht crazy! Don't be fooled though, the Supersonic will be the flagship of Sprint AND HTC for atleast another 6-8 months. This summer there will be the LG LS680, that device we thought we would see at CES. However in a late decison, they decided to make it WiMAX. It'll have a 3.7" screen android 2.5 and a keyboard. Still Nothing to the Evo, atleast from what i have been told.

Then you have the Plam c40 another 4G keyboarded device. This is the one which is supposedly destined to turn the company around. I'm an android guy but for webos this should do something
    I know this doesn't count as news really, but he was spot on about the Supersonic/Evo before any of the info came out about it. So I think it's pretty safe to say now that the c40 is in fact a 4g Sprint device. Now hopefully they have a better keyboard then the Pre.

Source: Android Forums - View Single Post - Official HTC EVO 4G / WiMAX Thread
    Well it may not be a conformation of fact like a press release. But it sure sound just to me. I was figuring on 4-6 4G phones but 10. Oh boy, here we go again. What to choose. Well it MUST have WebOS, a larger screen and better hardware. I'd go for a black diamond plate shell.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I made a post about 2 weeks about some info a sprint rep told me about upcoming 4g devices for sprint he did say the EVO was just the beginning of the end to the rest of the carriers..
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Young HoV 718, what do you mean by

Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    the beginning of the end to the rest of the carriers..
    Do you mean to say that they're all doomed? Like 'omg run to the hills it's 4GGGG!'?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    As a regular poster over at Android Forums and on the EVO 4G forum I can say this guy's info has indeed been correct. Hopefully it does turn things around for Palm if they haven't been swallowed by another company.
    I'd prefer a palm device with a touch keyboard. All sliders feel less solid if you ask me. Eliminate the slider and make the screen nice and big. I have an htc-hero right now and its by far a better phone then my pre. BUT im thinking of selling the hero just cause android is junk compare to webos. I cant stand this situation. I've had 6 pres already. And by better phone i mean it feel solid hardware wise. I would be happy if webos was in it.
    I know we all think there will be another palm device...call it the C40 if you like...but I highly doubt it will be exclusive to sprint, because I would hope palm would learn from history. They need to enter the device on multiple carriers, and I think the pres and pixis were great "entry" devices for webOS. So, if there are leaks of a sprint device, I would think some leaks of a verizon or att device should also surface...
    after switching to this glorious webos OS, i couldnt imagine myself being part of any other OS... i just hope that palm can learn from previous mistakes, like massive hardware issues(on my 4th pre), and research into consumer suggestions like all of the glorious and downright INGENIOUS ideas that people all over have, and make mockups for(like on this website). i think that since they have given the people what they want in the form of an effortlessly easy OS in which everything is integrated together so seemlessly, now they need to take the next step and give the people what they want in the form of suggestions that have been made, larger screen, larger storage amounts, so on and so forth. i think and hope they put out a last attempt to regain the market share they deserve, because i know i will be there waiting to see what it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I know we all think there will be another palm device...call it the C40 if you like...but I highly doubt it will be exclusive to sprint, because I would hope palm would learn from history. They need to enter the device on multiple carriers, and I think the pres and pixis were great "entry" devices for webOS. So, if there are leaks of a sprint device, I would think some leaks of a verizon or att device should also surface...
    I think they will do a 3 months exclusive... They don't have the cash to market devices so they need exclusive agreements, but 6 month ones don't work to well for them. John admitted that they made a mistake with the 6 months agreement, and should have gone with something shorter, like 3-4 months.
    So I contacted this guy ("Jackson") and he reveals the following:

"---Hey Soorma, yess i am lucky enough to be verry much so in the loop involving upcoming Sprint devices. I have a friend that works in an upcoming products dept., he was the guy in the super soinc video with gloves hahaha

The palm C40 is going to be quite the device. Naturally we are talking 4G and flash. The device will be "naturally simple" in harware as the pre, but you won't confuse the 2 phones haha. Bigger screen 1ghz processor and a new "breed" of webOS made exclusively for 4G. If you are a webOS fan this will be your dessert. Late summer/early fall 2010----"

And if you read his other posts, this guy is very, very accurate.

Thanks Jackson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    So I contacted this guy ("Jackson") and he reveals the following:

"---Hey Soorma, yess i am lucky enough to be verry much so in the loop involving upcoming Sprint devices. I have a friend that works in an upcoming products dept., he was the guy in the super soinc video with gloves hahaha

The palm C40 is going to be quite the device. Naturally we are talking 4G and flash. The device will be "naturally simple" in harware as the pre, but you won't confuse the 2 phones haha. Bigger screen 1ghz processor and a new "breed" of webOS made exclusively for 4G. If you are a webOS fan this will be your dessert. Late summer/early fall 2010----"

And if you read his other posts, this guy is very, very accurate.

Thanks Jackson!
    this has extremely calmed my anxiety to get me the Evo... and yes, Jackson is a very reliable source
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Well....hmmmm....Actually, Palm could have it both ways regarding exclusivity with the C40. If the new device is in fact a 4G device, Sprint could be the exclusive carrier for....as long as it takes the other carriers to build their 4G network! Sure, Palm could release the device on old 3G EVDO and GSM (Vz and ATT) but it wouldn't really be the "same device" now would it? So, exclusive 4G for Sprint and those others get a lame 3G version...like they have much of a choice.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    am I the only one who is kind of hoping for a palm with only a virtual keyboard?
    Hey, there's the Roteo!
    I would like to have a virtual keyboard too, just as long as I have a real one as well. I just use the dang keyboard too much to not have a real one. Really, I don't care if the device is a BRICK! I work in IT, and would rather have a Droid size screen and a real keyboard that is not a slider! I know, I know that would be one really large / long device...
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    am I the only one who is kind of hoping for a palm with only a virtual keyboard?
    I'm kinda with you there, but I think the right keyboard could really make it a no-brainier, the current one isn't bad, but I think a horizontal one is more natural, but I would be all for a brand new concept.

I just hope they have sturdy hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    yes.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Here's to hoping!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    If it means less screen estate, then please no...
    And if you do put a hardware keyboard, make it good =/.
    I wouldn't mind if they offered a device with both.. there are times when it would be nice to have the virtual keyboard. I sorta predict a droid like device. Slightly larger than current form and in landscape with a virtual keyboard as well. This sorta rounds out the offerings.
    Last edited by abbodabbodo; 04/14/2010 at 11:38 AM.
Page 1 of 84 1234561151 ... LastLast