Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337378798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1662
    Jackson put a new blog up on WebOSworld saying that the C40 = Palm Pre 2 and that Sprint decided not to carry it after HP brought in a new, kick *** phone with cutting edge technology that "wowed" them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    Jackson put a new blog up on WebOSworld saying that the C40 = Palm Pre 2 and that Sprint decided not to carry it after HP brought in a new, kick *** phone with cutting edge technology that "wowed" them.
    if is true, then it reaffirms my stance that palms 'roadmap' was flawed from the beginning. They Apparently originally planned to go from a Pre to Pre Plus to Pre2 in 12 months. In this day and age that's not a big enough jump in a years time. Sure Apple and blackberry do it, but they have a massive sheep following. And with android, manufacturers are rapidly upstaging each other as they try to create differentiation. They Pre2 as it stands now should have never been on the roadmap once you consider how the industry is moving...

apparently sprint agrees. If it doesn't wow, then it isn't worth selling.
    can we put the C40 rumors to rest already? It doesn't go along with the codenames of other palm devices, it was in sprint systems a loooong time ago, even before webOS 2.0 existed or the omap processor was available, and it's just silly to keep mentioning it.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    A couple months ago, I gave up on this thread, but I now believe this thread is valid. We all know that the c40 is a ghost, yet a symbol of what we hope for. This thread is considered the "next Sprint webOS phone" thread. I think we all agree.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    if is true, then it reaffirms my stance that palms 'roadmap' was flawed from the beginning. They Apparently originally planned to go from a Pre to Pre Plus to Pre2 in 12 months. In this day and age that's not a big enough jump in a years time. Sure Apple and blackberry do it, but they have a massive sheep following. And with android, manufacturers are rapidly upstaging each other as they try to create differentiation. They Pre2 as it stands now should have never been on the roadmap once you consider how the industry is moving...

apparently sprint agrees. If it doesn't wow, then it isn't worth selling.
    So a company with little money and losing more each day should have planned to build a Pre 2 that they never could have paid to have built? Crap, they may have had trouble building the Pre 2 as it is. That is the original Palm road map, it had to take into consideration pesky little things like available money.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    So a company with little money and losing more each day should have planned to build a Pre 2 that they never could have paid to have built? Crap, they may have had trouble building the Pre 2 as it is. That is the original Palm road map, it had to take into consideration pesky little things like available money.
    i'm sure they were planning for the pre plus and the pre 2, BEFORE they realized the Pre would be a market failure. They wouldn't have release the first pre unless they thought it would bring them financial success..Unless the were planning for obscurity/mediocrisy, then R&D should have been operating with the idea that the Pre would sell well enough for them to stay in business, and the Pre 2 keep them in business as an independent company. If they didn't have enough confidence in their product and standing to use their resources to develop a proper successor, then the should have been looking at being bought in 2009.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    A rough guess is that I get nearly twice the battery life from the EVO vs. an overclocked Pre.

I'm still trying to get over that comment about battery comparison. Really? Were you using 3G only with everything shut off on the EVO? I thought they were relatively similar in battery life depending on what functions you're running on the EVO. The EVO is a great design if you want a slab, but the battery life seems to be too low to enjoy the experience to me.

If the rumor about an altogether new Sprint super Palm device is true...I think I just pee'd a little.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    I'm still trying to get over that comment about battery comparison. Really? Were you using 3G only with everything shut off on the EVO? I thought they were relatively similar in battery life depending on what functions you're running on the EVO. The EVO is a great design if you want a slab, but the battery life seems to be too low to enjoy the experience to me.

If the rumor about an altogether new Sprint super Palm device is true...I think I just pee'd a little.
    they are I had a evo with my pre on two seperate lines for since the EVO launched, and I have to say the battery life is comparable, if not a bit better on my pre overclocked. So no, and if you check every android forum thread they will say the same thing, the EVO's battery life is **** too. In fact every android device thats out like the droid x, droid 1,2, and the epic battery life are comparable. The only phone right now that gives great battery life is the iphone 4, so we can stop knocking the pre, or pixi reg or plus version now, because they show they are all about the same.

"How about the battery life? Both phones are pretty neck-in-neck here, which is to say they both have ****ty battery life. Both phones can’t get you through the day with moderate usage of texting and web browsing so long as you’re in a good signal area. Unfortunately the second your signal quality turns to **** so does your battery life. Down in my hometown Sprint has pretty abysmal coverage (while there is zero GSM coverage). The last time I was there I noticed the battery life on the Evo went from acceptable to dreadful as it couldn’t get through the day (not that big of a deal for me as I carry an additional battery just as I can an additional magazine for my carry gun). The Evo can talk all day without any real drain to the battery which is nice. I’m not sure on the Pre’s talk time as I’ve not actually had a long conversation on the device. Both phones are tied for battery life, and by tied I mean they both suck."

Palm Pre vs. Evo 4G: Hardware « A Geek With Guns
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i'm sure they were planning for the pre plus and the pre 2, BEFORE they realized the Pre would be a market failure. They wouldn't have release the first pre unless they thought it would bring them financial success..Unless the were planning for obscurity/mediocrisy, then R&D should have been operating with the idea that the Pre would sell well enough for them to stay in business, and the Pre 2 keep them in business as an independent company. If they didn't have enough confidence in their product and standing to use their resources to develop a proper successor, then the should have been looking at being bought in 2009.
    Another person who knows exactly how things work/worked at Palm, always a pleasure.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    This thread is over 80 pages long. and basically we know as much now as we did when it first started nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    This thread is over 80 pages long. and basically we know as much now as we did when it first started nothing.
    It's kind of sad skimming through this thread and seeing how hopeful everyone used to be. It's even sadder to see people still believe "Jackson" and people who have "inside sources."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Another person who knows exactly how things work/worked at Palm, always a pleasure.
    No, I just know things don't work/haven't worked at Palm. And I know that design choices are one of the major issues.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 11/04/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    I vote to put this thread and the C40 to rest...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I vote to put this thread and the C40 to rest...
    Yeah lets start a new Palm C42 Info Thread!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    the C40 was released....didnt you know? Just waiting for palm or hp to advertise it...
    Wild wild wild rumor

A palm/HP employee is selling a SPRINT pre2

Not a frankenpre2. A real sprint pre2.

Apparently registers in sprint's system as the...C40.

Mystery solved?

A little too late maybe

What might have been...
    Where's it being sold? I did see a Sprint Pre2 in the hands of a HP webOS team member out at the 'Think Beyond' event, so I do know there are a few development devices out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Where's it being sold? I did see a Sprint Pre2 in the hands of a HP webOS team member out at the 'Think Beyond' event, so I do know there are a few development devices out there.
    It sold already for 100
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    link?
    Follow smartwatermelon on twitter.